hi all, i'm new to the forum  :)

just built up a new system:

3770k @stock
corsair h100i
4x4gb crucial ballistix tactica tracer 1866mhz
gigabyte gtx 680 super overclock
thermaltake toughpower 775watt
crucial m4 256gb

on the first startup no problem at all, entered the bios and set up configuration for RAM (XMP profile) and left other settings on AUTO, and installed windows 7 pro x64 flawlessy.

i proceeded with the installation of all mb driver and software via motherboard cd, everything ok.
after that during a individual driver update downloaded from gigabyte website the pc gave me some BSOD... i dediced to update the mb with the latest BIOS (improved system compatibility), and after that update the real problem started.

i have continuos "cold boot" after i shutdown the system, the motherboard continues to show the error 15 or sometimes error 53 and self-reboot before even entering the BIOS.

the activity led on the ram stay off when this occurs.
i've managed to get in the bios removing two sticks of ram, but after a shutdown the problem persisted even with two sticks inserted... actually, the problem still randomly persist even with 1 stick of ram installed....

i can understand when the system will boot up properly because the ram activity leds lights up, this means that the sniper doesn't hang.

after a clear CMOS the motherboard boot up ok, with 2 or 4 sticks. i thought that the problem was solved, but after a shutdown the Sniper again showed the problem entering in an infinite boot loop with error 15 on the diagnostic display.

sometime (radomnly) the sniper exits itself from the boot-loop, and show a BIOS message that report an error in configuration/settings and ask for load default optimized or enter the bios.

i can't really understand the problem, because even if i set in the BIOS (when i manage to enter it) the ram @1333mhz with stock timings (9-9-9-27 2T) and 1.575v (stock is 1.5v), the problem RANDOMLY persist after a shutdown.
when i manage to get in the bios and then in windows, all is working flalessy, system seems to be stable, and if i reboot the system no problem at all, but the problem and error 15 (sometimes 53) randomly shows up after a shutdown.

the ram is 100% ok (error free) because i've used that sticks for a year with a AsRock P67 motherboard without an issue.
these ram also run for weeks on a X79 Asus board (RIVE) that have a know incompatibility with crucial tactical tracer during a system reboot. btw the system work flawlessy in windows despite this know problem...

any suggestion?

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: G1 Sniper 3 (random) error 15
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 02:53:20 pm »
It could be the memory that is the problem. I know that it ran in the other MB but this board might not like it.

Plus why did it run at first with no problem. I had a Gigabyte board running for months with G-Skill. Computer would not boot one day.

Re-seated the memory still nothing. Change the memory and it was running again. But lets get to your problem.

I think I'm reading this right if you just let the memory run at the bios settings after you clear the cmos. It will run fine right.

I don't like setting profiles in my bios. All I do is change the memory speed from 1333 to 1866 and leave everything else to auto.

You should try some other memory if you could just to rule that out. Did you try to run memtest86 on them?

I can't believe I just said that because I have never ran memtest86 to check memory.  :o

X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.