Official GIGABYTE Forum

My Z77x-ud5h is being strange with my graphics card! really stressed

So my HIS HD 7950 got replaced and i just installed but the motherboard was stuck on the error code 97 (console output devices connected), and the code 98 means that all the input devices are connected, this wont show. The onboard graphics work fine, everything works fine with it. But when i use the graphics card theres no display, none of my peripherals work. The cards fan works fine, so its being powered and stuff. I've cleared the CMOS, reseated the graphics card, tried making the init display first PEG and disabled the onboard graphics all together. Nothing is working and ive got tomb raider waiting for me! Please all the help! thankyou.

XysteR

Re: My Z77x-ud5h is being strange with my graphics card! really stressed
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 02:42:46 am »
And this has gone unanswered for how long?

ysw

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 03:57:25 am »
tweak town has latest beta bios.
you may flash f15r to check.

XysteR

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 08:51:27 pm »
The thread creator has pretty much the same problem as me, i'm running a ATI 5970, mainboard is running the F15q bios. Problem still exists though. Seems to be a problem with the bios not letting the ATI card be default / display. It just keeps enabling the onboard GPU and setting the Primary display to auto.

The thread poster would find he could get a display if he connected to the onboard gfx connectors. however, no matter how you setup the bios it doesn't seem to help with booting with the ATI card. 

Hey guys, I recently bought this MoBo and tried to install a Gigabyte somethingsomething 650ti boost (im not computer smart) and I ALSO experienced this issue.
Display worked fine without the graphics card plugged in at all vs display not recognizing any signal when the card was plugged in. (sound like your issue?)

Well, here is how i solved MY problem (and hopefully yours):

Instead of plugging in the PCI 6 prong power cord straight into my GFX card (which SHOULD work... right?)
I plugged in the adapter that came with the GFX card (turns the 6 prong on the GFX card into TWO 4 pronged things) and found the appropriate matching cards from my PSU and it worked.

Please excuse my lack of computer tech knowledge.

Side note: Shouldnt a 6 prong PCI labeled power cord work with a PCI card that also has a 6 prong power slot?