Official GIGABYTE Forum

Emailed to Technical support - now a week old and no response

jimpy0

Emailed to Technical support - now a week old and no response
« on: January 21, 2010, 03:18:34 pm »
Have been experiencing random shutdowns and reboot attempts for the last 4-5 months. Sometimes on reboot it will give power beeps but more recently it just shuts to a blank display and a reboot will not restart it. Waiting for a period of time will allow it to start but then it can shutdown at various random times from that point. Have taken the unit back to the supplier who initially suspected the PSU which i swapped out, have run memtests which all come back clear, i am now left with an unstable pc and it has been my contention all along that the board is on the way out. As i have already said this has been going on for 4-5 months and the warranty is probably about up as well [sods law] Have also wiped the pc and reverted back to XP and the problem persists so not an op/sys prob imho ---- what good is any warranty if i have to say sod it and buy a new board, surmising that i can still get one of these or an equivalent without having to change any of my other hardware.  -- update -- it just ran for approx 8 hours then locked up clusters of random blue pixels on display then shut down - have left to cool before i try a restart - the cpu is at normal operating temperature and the cooler is warm but not hot to the touch

Model Name : GA-MA69GM-S2H(rev. 1.0)
--------------------------
M/B Rev : 1.0
BIOS Ver : F5
Serial No. :
Purchase Dealer : Scan Uk
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VGA Brand : ATi      Model : x1250
CPU Brand : AMD      Model : Amd Athlon 64X2      Speed : 6400+
Operation System : Win 7 32-bit      SP :
Memory Brand : Corsair      Type : DDRII
Memory Size : 4GB      Speed : 6400
Power Supply : 650 W

Details of what i posted to technical nearly a week ago - any ideas appreciated

Pottypete

Re: Emailed to Technical support - now a week old and no response
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 03:58:35 pm »
Hi,
You should get 12 months warranty from Scan, How long ago did  you purchase it,
But if all else fails you could email for an RMA no, Here, returns@gbt-tech.co.uk
You will have to pay p/p of a tenner, They rma'd my mobo and I got it back in about a week,
Cheers
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 04:00:56 pm by Pottypete »

jimpy0

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 01:48:02 pm »
Still all in warranty about 3 months left - fired off yet another email to Scan tech support, fully detailing the ongoing problems. Will await their response.
Eventually got a response from Gigabyte tech - no bloody help whatsoever  ;D

Pottypete

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 02:51:23 pm »
Hi,
By the time scan get round to fixing it under warrantee you could end up a few weeks without computer, (if you are sure it's the mobo) get an rma yourself from gigabyte and be up and running in a week,
yes it will cost you p/p of a tenner, but what charges will scan require?
it's looking like a graphics/temp problem,
have you a graphics card that you could install to test?
cheers

jimpy0

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 11:45:04 am »
Scan are now saying i only get a 2 year warranty on this board. Have emailed G/b returns as have narrowed the fault to the northbridge chip overheating. Thanks for the assistance pete

jimpy0

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 12:40:04 pm »
RMA'd - Posted monday 01/02/2010 just recieved back 04/02/2010 now thats what i call fast service - tho it doesnt actually say what was wrong or what they did, got a printout with a couple of bits highlighted in pnk under error it says " V15 PCi express*1/4/8/16 fail" under component "10HB1-10S690-30R chip RS690G/A12 ATI" anyhoo gonna fit and see if it ends my woes ---------- £10 and a bit of postage is waaaay better than £50+ on a new board.

Jim

jimpy0

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 10:20:49 pm »
ran for 2 hours then pixelated and froze - to say am a tad p*ssed off atmo is an understatement