Official GIGABYTE Forum

Help: GIGABYTE mobo for change my old ASUS M2N78 in default on my pc HP A6695it

Hi, Happy Easter to everybody........i have a problem: my pc HP A6695it has a motherboard ASUS M2N78 violet LA in default and now  needs to change. Can someone courtesly  help and tell me if there's a compatible GIGABYTE motherboard with the same features or advances, with which to replace the old  without change anything on the pc?

As follows , HP Pavilion a6695it Desktop PC Product Specifications:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01600755&jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0002

Thank you in advance for your consideration.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 04:06:44 pm by sultans »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Hi there,

check here for a list of motherboards that would take your CPU: http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support.aspx but I must say that I doubt if you will actually be able to find any as the AM2+ socket is now really old.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Thanks for reply......i looked into the link, but to my knowledge i'm not unable to see precisely if there's a compatible mobo, and unfortunately that's why I asked for help in the forum.....therefore, the only solution and try to find another original?

najiro

Thanks for reply......i looked into the link, but to my knowledge i'm not unable to see precisely if there's a compatible mobo, and unfortunately that's why I asked for help in the forum.....therefore, the only solution and try to find another original?

You still want to keep the AM2+ processor?
Uhhmmm... it might be hard to look for a new motherboard that. Where are you planning to buy the motherboard? that can help you narrow down the choices.
There's literally tons of motherboards that can support AM2+ but the availability is the main question here. There's like 11 chipsets in the AM2+ line and each chipset would have 3-5 models or so. Hence, I'm sure most of those are phased out in the market.
WordPress Site Builder - Content Writer - Economist - PC Hardware Enthusiast - Gamer - Foodie

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
As far as I know there are no current Gigabyte AMD motherboards that will take your CPU and RAM.

The link I provided above gives a list of older motherboards that you may be able to find on e-bay or a similar site but you will probably not be able to buy from a shop/on-line store new as they are discontinued.

The real problem is that you don't want to change any components, other than your motherboard and this will prove really difficult because of their age.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

I understand, thank you for everything, I thought I just you could recommend a motherboard compatible or better, which I later bought on Ebay, and I would just mount it in place of the ASUS mobo dead .... the problem is that unfortunately I do not have the knowledge to buy another mobo and modify the components. that's it.

najiro

I understand, thank you for everything, I thought I just you could recommend a motherboard compatible or better, which I later bought on Ebay, and I would just mount it in place of the ASUS mobo dead .... the problem is that unfortunately I do not have the knowledge to buy another mobo and modify the components. that's it.

sad to say this but you need to get a new computer with a newer platform like Intel's LGA 1155 or AMD's FM2 or AM3+
AM2+ hardware are phased out and would be hard to find.
WordPress Site Builder - Content Writer - Economist - PC Hardware Enthusiast - Gamer - Foodie

Vezina

• If it s not broken, fix it until it is !
What CPU are you using in there.
I guess it s some OEM naming.
If it s a Phenom 2 you can get instead an AM3 board.
Over & Out !

AMD FX (APU-s included) users should install - KB2645594 & KB2646060 under Windows 7

1.ASUS Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 + FX 6300 + H60
2.MSI A88X-G41 PC Mate + A8 5600K + Hyper TX 2
3.Gigabyte F2A75-D3H + A4 5300
4.ASUS AM1M-A + Athlon 5150

najiro

it's a AMD Phenom X3 8600 based on the link he gave.

I found the solution ..... I had read on the web that sometimes you just change the capacitors that are closest to the motherboard and it can work again ...... I replaced the 5 who are neighbors, and now the motherboard it works well again ...... thank goodness ... ;-)