Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z68X-UD3P-B3 - Bios Update Problem - Please Help!! :(

Z68X-UD3P-B3 - Bios Update Problem - Please Help!! :(
« on: August 01, 2014, 11:47:03 pm »
 Hi all,

I will just come out and admit that I am completely useless at this kind of thing so huge apologies in advance if I seem ignorant.  I'm completely at a loss here and this is all just alien to me.  I don't want to end up bricking my rig or something.

I have the above motherboard with a GTX 560ti in it and everything is working just fine.  I decided to upgrade my graphics card and bought a GTX 770.  Took the old one out and put the new one in.  When I turn the computer on the BIOS splash screen appears for about a minute and doesn't allow me to enter it when hitting delete, etc...  The screen then disappears and sometimes windows will load or othertimes a black screen will appear before I have to turn the PC off to restart.

When I put the old GPU back in to the motherboard it will load up fine and I can enter the bios.  The bios date says August 2012 which I understand is an outdated bios.  The GPU comes with a notice that the motherboard bios should be updated to the latest version where possible.

How do I update the bios for this motherboard and do you think this might solve the above problem?

Thanks so much in advance everyone and sorry to be a pain.

Re: Z68X-UD3P-B3 - Bios Update Problem - Please Help!! :(
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 01:09:36 am »
I managed to find the beta bios from 2013 on the Gigabyte support area which I think is the most recent version, extract it to a USB and then use 'Q-Flash' to install it on the motherboard while my old graphics card was fitted so that I could access it.

Allowed it to do its thing, booted to windows for it to auto install any new drivers and then restarted and seated new graphics card.  Booted back up into bios with no issues, loaded optimised defaults, changed a SATA setting from IDE to ACHI (think that's what it was called - this is what the setting was with the old graphics card that I made a note of, anyway) and all is working perfectly.

Probably more luck than judgement but I seem to be sorted.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: Z68X-UD3P-B3 - Bios Update Problem - Please Help!! :(
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 06:01:44 pm »
You are one of the lucky ones to get the GTX 770 card to work. Most can only get it to work in the last PCIe slot.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.