Official GIGABYTE Forum

x79-up4 not recognizing gigabyte 7950

x79-up4 not recognizing gigabyte 7950
« on: May 27, 2013, 02:07:53 am »
Hi,

I have a gigabyte x79-up4 motherboard and I just purchased a new graphics card for it, the gigabyte HD7950-windforce.

Problem is, regardless of when I do I can't get the motherboard to recognize the card. I've tried using different power inputs including the molex adapters that come with the product, (and yes both the 8 pin and 6 pin connectors are plugged in, also I think it's an older release since it has an 8 pin connecter) I've tried booting in EFI and legacy-bios mode and nothing changes. I updating the motherboard's BIOS to all released revisions, no change. I've tried it in everyone of my pci-e slots, both with and without my other card, no change. I tried reinstalling the AMD drivers, no change.  I even exchanged it hoping it was just a bad card, but same issue with the new one.

The only thing that makes sense is a BIOS compatibility issue, but I wouldn't think there would be issues with two gigabyte products, especially since the board came out well after the video card.

Please help! if I don't figure this out soon I'm going to have to purchase a competitor's product.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: x79-up4 not recognizing gigabyte 7950
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 07:31:27 am »
Hi there,

you don't say which BIOS version you are running, have you tried the F3t BIOS that you can download from TweakTown here: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios.html ?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Fatman

Re: x79-up4 not recognizing gigabyte 7950
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 01:22:04 am »
So you can get into Bios? If so try setting it to 'Load Optimised Default'. If you are running a raid array make sure you set that in your bios after loading optimised default.

As Absic has said, have you got the latest Bios?