Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-78LMT-S2P ver 5 installing windows 8

GA-78LMT-S2P ver 5 installing windows 8
« on: May 26, 2013, 06:48:33 pm »
hi there, I decided a few weeks back to build my first pc,just budget as I have a decent pc running win 7 64 bit, everything is all together and just have to install windows 8 which I will be doing tomorrow, my question is regarding driver updates, there is only 3 updates for the board for windows 8 64 bit,lan driver and there are 2 sata drivers which says (preinstall drivers)I presume which gets done during installing win 8,id like some help on how to install these preinstall drivers before I mess up tomorrow, also should I install all the drivers for windows 7 64 bit as well as im pretty sure just the lan and sata drivers isn't all that's needed ? I am a total noob to building pc`s and admittedly didn't do too much research before diving in and giving it a go but just hoping some of you could give me some advice on this, thanks in advance people   :)

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-78LMT-S2P ver 5 installing windows 8
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 08:41:56 pm »
Hi there,

with Windows 8 pretty much all the main drivers are already there so there isn't too much extra to do, apart from the LAN driver.

The pre-install drivers shouldn't be required unless you are setting up a RAID array and can usually be safely ignored if you are not going down this path.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Re: GA-78LMT-S2P ver 5 installing windows 8
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 08:58:46 pm »
thanks absic,for some reason I thought id need to update chipset drivers from another os so that the system would perform better,ill just install the LAN driver and see how things go from there