Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-H55M-UD2H Rev 1.0 Disabling Memory Slots

GA-H55M-UD2H Rev 1.0 Disabling Memory Slots
« on: June 15, 2013, 12:07:15 pm »
Hey gang,

I'm having a bit of a problem with Bios disabling memory slots when trying to use XMP :(

Specs...

Mobo: GA-H55M-UD2H Rev 1.0
Bios: F11
CPU: Intel Core i7 875k
Memory: G.Skill RipjawsZ F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH (4 x 4GB) XMP Profile1 = 2004MHz, Profile 2 = 2133 MHz

All works fine when using standard settings, with SPD at 1600MHz, but when I try and use XMP Profile1, the memory is detected in all 4 slots, but only slots 1 and 2 are enabled in Bios.

I've tried using sticks in only slots 1 & 3, and Profile1 works on warm boot, but on cold boot, it gets confused. On cold boot, Bios shows that there is RAM in slots 1 & 3, but slot 3 gets disabled, and slot 2 gets enabled with 4GB, (even though it shows that slot 2 is empty).

This kind of weirdness is beyond my ability to fathom, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have fun!

Radar5k  =8^)

Gloup_Gloup

• Let us sweet between members, on the forum.
Re: GA-H55M-UD2H Rev 1.0 Disabling Memory Slots
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 05:10:43 am »
Hi Radar5k,  ;)

Have you tried in XMP profile use Command Rate 2T?
Try with this....

Otherwise:
This is your RAM?
[ RipjawsZ ] F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH (4Gx4)
http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=438

Extract of SPECS:
CPU 2nd and 3rd Generation Intel Core Processors
M/B Chipset  Intel Z77 / Z75 / X79 / Z68 / P67

But it so happens that you have a first generation processor.
http://ark.intel.com/fr/products/48499
And your chipset is not mentioned in the list RipjawsZ ..

(But it's okay, it's just that I wanted to give information to other users of the forum, which could help you.)

In XMP profile, do you have these settings:
2133 MHz
Latency 9-11-10-28
Voltage 1.65V
Whit the Command Rate at 2T?

You find a manual here:
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-h55m-ud2h_e.pdf

Check in page 16, infos about RAM installation.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 05:48:15 am by Gloup_Gloup »

Re: GA-H55M-UD2H Rev 1.0 Disabling Memory Slots
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 12:05:40 pm »
Hey Gloup_Gloup,

Thanks for your quick reply:)

I'd read through those sites, and dropped a message on the G.Skill forum before buying the RAM, where one forum member said that I'd have a hard time using the profiles, but shuold be able to get around 1800MHz with a bit of judicious overclocking. Problem is, my overclocking skills are seriously underwhelming, so I figured that it was worth trying the profiles first.

I installed the 4 sticks, and checked the settings in Profile1, and yes, the Command Rate was set to 2T, but ended up with the same results (Slots 1 & 2 detected and enabled, slots 3 & 4 detected and disabled).

I tried manually setting RAM voltage to 1.64 (it only goes up in steps of 2), and QPI/VTT voltage to 1.05, but got the same results again.

Whilst changing the voltages, I noticed that both the RAM  and QPI/VTT voltage settings had a "Normal" setting, and tried those, and now the 4 sticks are running at 2004MHz (Profile1) at cold boot :) It still doesn't like Profile2, which has the RAM running at 2136MHz, but that's fine ;)

I'll set it back to XMP Disabled for now, and will go back to Profile1 next weekend, and slap it around the head with a bunch of test utilities, just to see what it can take... If it handles those with no worries, then I'm set, and we can call this one solved :)

So, to recap the settings...

MIT >> Advanced Memory Settings >> XMP: "Profile1"
MIT >> Advanced Memory Settings >> Performance Enhance; "Standard"
MIT >> Advanced Voltage Settings >> QPI/VTT: "Normal"

Have fun!

Radar5k  =8^)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 01:21:07 pm by Radar5k »