Official GIGABYTE Forum

How do I run my processor at its default speed?

How do I run my processor at its default speed?
« on: February 03, 2010, 04:44:04 pm »
I have a Gigabyte GA-EP43T-UD3L mother board with an intel E6300 processor.  The processors speed is supposed to be 2.8 ghz, but the motherboard detects it as 2.26 or something like that.

So how am I supposed to make it run at 2.8?  I can increase the multiplier to 10x, and increase the .5 to 1 and get exactly 2.8ghz, but is this the proper method?  I am afraid this is actually not this is the way its supposed to run, like maybe it is overclocking it to run at the right speed.

Is this the way I am supposed to do it?

Same problem with the memory.  My Gskill ddr2 1066 memory gives constant blue screens of death after loading windows, and requires hours of trial and error to get the timmings and all settings exactly right in order for the system to be stable.

I guess I have grown ignorant because I am used to using motherboards that get it right without me having to figure it all out.

Can anyone help me?

Re: How do I run my processor at its default speed?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 04:07:21 pm »
1. Might need a BIOS flash / update for it to recognise the CPU correctly
2. Might have energy saving on, in which case CPUZ reports it at it's speed according to energy save level
3. Your RAM sounds as though it may actually be faulty. It may also need the voltage set manually (corsair RAM used to have a similar problem until you set the DRAM Voltage to 2.1v
4. You need to change the memory divider so it adjusts to 1066Mhz - it will only recognise 800mhz at default normally. (eg. Divider 2.4b or whatever setting makes it 1066mhz)
5. Failing that, download and run Memtest (download can be found from the overclocking section) and test to see if the RAM is faulty

~Bex

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
Re: How do I run my processor at its default speed?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 10:01:13 am »
I've come across a similar problem before on my friends E8400 on another manufacturers motherboard. All I had to do was bump up the processor multi and it ran at its full default speed
There's no place like ::1