Official GIGABYTE Forum

Boot SSD random dissapear with GIGABYTE Z87X-UD4H

Jaeger

Boot SSD random dissapear with GIGABYTE Z87X-UD4H
« on: October 14, 2013, 10:33:43 am »
Hello!
I recently upgraded my rig to I5 4670K and GIGABYTE Z87X-UD4H rev 1.0.  As for my motherboard...all i can say is that was a terrible choice,and i'll explain why.
So,after i installed my Windows 7 64 bit SP1 on CORSAIR F3 90gb SATA III drive,i updated the bios to F7 thru @BIOS. Everything was easy and went fine. Coupple days later,my DVD RW suddenly dissapeared from system,than reappear after a restart. I said OK,it's not a big deal!
After that,my other SSD,wich is CORSAIR F60 sata II with games on it,also vanished from Windows and from bios too - i shutted down and unplug/plug the sata cable in order to have my drive back! Again i said ''ok,maybe is an incompatibility with old sata II drives,waiting for a new bios to fix this''.
Well,from that moment i started to suspect Intel sata integrated controller,as i read people with UD3H and also UD5H has issues.
Almost a week things went ok,but in one night my OS drive,CORSAIR F3,vanished from system while in Windows and BSOD occured - in UEFI bios i saw that my mobo tryes to boot from sata II ssd with games on it,despite the fact that i set boot order to sata III drive with OS on it at P0 port,than P1 with sata II ssd,than P2 with DVD RW. I cleared CMOS thru the mobo's switch and than load optimized defaults. I disconectted the optical drive from the system,than i conect sata II ssd gaming drive to Marvell controller and went fine a few days...
Last night while i playing BF3 online,surprise: my OS drive dissapear from the system again and BAM! BSOD,back to bios and a message occured about i have no boot drive!!!
Shut down the rig from the button,disconnect sata II ssd and now i have only OS drive on CORSAIR F3 connected to port 0,as it should be,everything is good for the moment,i don't know how much it will last!
Take note that OS was installed with SATA ports enabled and AHCI the same (those settings are default,so i guess reset the bios does't affect Windows att all).
Also,flashing to F7 with @BIOS went smooth without errors.
I am running out of ideeas,i'm tired to shutdown the system once per week or even twice and plugging/unplugging the cables and drives... I wish had bought  ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO,but i decided to continue with GIGABYTE as my last rig was based on this brand and had no issues at that time,and that proves to be a HUGE MISTAKE!
PLEASE  HELP!!!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 10:44:05 am by Jaeger »

ysw

Re: Boot SSD random dissapear with GIGABYTE Z87X-UD4H
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 03:18:37 am »
you may go to tt forum to download latest beta bios and update it to check if it can solve your problem.
http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios.html

Jaeger

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 07:05:51 am »
Thank you for your reply,but i rather wait some official release from Gigabyte,as i know that beta versions can cause bigger problems...
Any news about next official release?
I never expect having problems with Gigabyte bioses till now... I regret that i not bought MAXIMUS VI HERO instead of UD4H,ASUS UEFI rocks!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 07:21:02 am by Jaeger »

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 01:43:00 pm »
You could always try back rev'ing your BIOS to a version that you know worked!