Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z77-D3H - no power going to computer

Z77-D3H - no power going to computer
« on: July 10, 2013, 07:37:09 pm »
Good evening

What started off as what I thought a simple problem to solve has turned into a mini hell.

I went to turn on my PC but it wouldn't start, my boyfriend had a look at it for me and after a while we diagnosed that it was due to the power supply. My PC just wasn't turning on, the fans for my graphics card and the fan connected to my case would all move but my processor fan wouldn't move and we have no idea why this happened.

I've tried replacing the power supply after connecting my previous power supply into my dads PC and getting the same problem. We've put the new power supply in but we're still having issues with it turning on.

My boyfriend has tried several different things like taking off the battery and putting it back in but none of this has worked. I've got in contact with the company where I got the motherboard from (I won it in a competition) but wondering what you lovely people might be able to suggest in the mean time.

My PC:

Graphics card - Gigabyte GTX 670
RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengeance
Processor - i5-3570K
Power supply - Coolermaster 750w

Many thanks :)

AndyM

Re: Z77-D3H - no power going to computer
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 08:42:26 pm »
I assume your processor fan is still not spinning?  If so, what about connecting the processor fan to the header that your case fans are currently connected to.  Obviously, you will need to unplug the case fans.  This should prove whether the processor fan is faulty.  If it spins, you should be able to boot up.  If it doesn't spin, the fan must be faulty.  I imagine the processor might prevent boot up if it isn't cooled.

If I am wrong and the processor fan is spinning, can you get into the BIOS?