Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-X79-UP4 Can not install Intel RST (mb_driver_intel_irst-11.6.exe)

Whenever I try to install this driver it simply tells me the super descriptive error "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software."

I've tried updating dot NET framework, VC++ 2010 libraries. Running the "latest" F3p BIOS (which has been BETA for far too long and it's been over half a year since it was released), This error seems to indicate that its for another motherboard all together. I used the Intel pre-install SATA driver to install the OS to the Intel RAID0 array. The array works, but I can't install the management software. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

TIA!

Scracy

Re: GA-X79-UP4 Can not install Intel RST (mb_driver_intel_irst-11.6.exe)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 03:14:13 am »
Hi i have the same board you will need to change within the bios raid mode to IRST from IRSTe for the raid driver you mentioned to work. I strongly suggest using the latest IRST driver 12.5 as that functions with the intel ssd toolbox much better than 11.6. Also you may need to reinstall windows when switching to IRST and when you do so you will not require a preinstall driver as windows itself allready has one. From there simply update the driver once windows is installed. Another suggestion bios f3t available from tweaktown forums has the same functionality as f3p but is quite a bit more stable....hope that helps.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 03:19:57 am by Scracy »
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H
i7-4770K @4.8Ghz 1.42V Stable 24/7
16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro @2666Mhz
Gigabyte GTX-690 SLI
Koolance EX2-1055 (Exos-2.5)
Corsair AX860i PSU
Samsung EVO SSD 250GB x4 Raid 0 @1580MB/S Read 1210MB/S Write
Lian Li PC-B25F Chassis
WD Caviar Black 2TB
Samsung S27B970D

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 12:25:17 pm »
Thanks Scracy, that seems to be the issue. I figured it was something simple. I don't know how I missed it and worse, why the board defaults to this option...

So if I toggle that option back to IRST, I *may* have to reinstall? It says in the BIOS that I will need to reinstall. This sucks because I have a complex installation.

Windows is installed to a 240GB SSD, the user and programd data folders are set to install to a 2TB RAID0 array consisting of 2x 1TB drives. Additionally I have 2x 2TB drives in there for additional storage. Since Windows itself should not be affected by the change over, might I only have to perhaps backup the two other folders on my 2TB array and load them back on? Also, will the arrays simply be lost after the switch over?

Scracy

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 04:40:39 am »
The Raid arrays will still be there after you toggle back to iRSTe. My suggestion would be to use windows back up or similar to back up your current raid array to an external hdd (usb) then simply switch raid modes to iRST then recreate the raid. Once you have done that simply recover windows using advanced recovery options ie: use the recovery disc you create when backing up windows which then will reinstall windows from the image you created on the external hdd if that makes sense? Windows will ask you where to reinstall the image...just select the new raid array...windows isnt smart enough to know your reinstalling to a raid array so there shouldnt be any problems. I have done this before and it works a treat windows recovery actually works really well suprisingly..see how you go.
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H
i7-4770K @4.8Ghz 1.42V Stable 24/7
16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro @2666Mhz
Gigabyte GTX-690 SLI
Koolance EX2-1055 (Exos-2.5)
Corsair AX860i PSU
Samsung EVO SSD 250GB x4 Raid 0 @1580MB/S Read 1210MB/S Write
Lian Li PC-B25F Chassis
WD Caviar Black 2TB
Samsung S27B970D