Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WIFI: Can't get BLUETOOTH functioning

GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WIFI: Can't get BLUETOOTH functioning
« on: May 15, 2013, 07:38:28 pm »
Hello, I recently built a PC primarily for gaming in January. For the most part, I've had no major issues and have been very happy with it.. until I tried setting up a new Bluetooth headset.

Specs:
MOBO: GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB
CPU: Intel i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40 GHz 3.80 GHz
Graphics: Gigabyte Radeon HD7950 3GB
RAM: 16GB

I've been trying to solve this issue for some time now, but only recently has it become a problem for me. I have never had the BT functioning what-so-ever, and didn't even bother installing the driver at first because I had no BT devices I wanted to use. I have since tried to install/uninstall/reinstall the Atheros BT driver MANY times to no avail. Most recently I popped the utility disk that came with my MOBO back in and reinstalled all the drivers before trying to install the BT driver once more, still no BT..

From the start menu, I can see folders in my list of programs for both "Bluetooth Devices" and "Bluetooh Suite." However the first folder is completely empty, and every attempt to launch the Bluetooth Suite application results in nothing happening. I can see several processes running in the background that seem to be related to the BT Suite, but there is no UI or anything that ever comes up.. When I try to locate the device after going to control panel>devices and printers and "add new device"  I get nothing..

Also, the LED on the back of my tower that indicates the BT, is never on. The WIFI LED is always green, but the BT LED is always OFF.

Appreciate any help or suggestions for resolving this issue!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 09:07:32 pm by Deathyon »

Re: GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WIFI: Can't get BLUETOOTH functioning
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 06:33:48 pm »
hey buddy,

u have a USB cable that comes with accessories and u have to connect this USB Cable from wifi card to mobo after do this start your pc and Inshaa Allah you will see your perfectly working Bluetooth.