Official GIGABYTE Forum

H55M-S2H. Onboard GFX Problems When Using PCI-E Card Aswell??

H55M-S2H. Onboard GFX Problems When Using PCI-E Card Aswell??
« on: February 07, 2010, 04:57:16 pm »
Hi all this is my first post, i am new owner of the H55M-S2H mobo, but have a problem with the onboard gfx and wondered if someone could help.

Im using an i3 530 cpu, and have a GXT260 in the PCI-E slot which i want to use as my Primary display, i will be eventually using 3 displays, but for the time being am trying to used the GXT260 and onboard gfx at the same time but im unable to. Unless i have 'Onboard' set as the 'inital fist display' in the BIOS im unable to get anything to display on my 2nd display (onboard), with  'onboard' set as the 'intial first display' i then get a display on both displays,  but now my GTX260 isnt the primary display anymore. No problem i though, ill just select my PCI-E display as the primary display within display properties in windows xp, but im unable to do that also, everytime i deselect the onboard as the primary display, and click 'ok' it reverts back to being the primary display!

The only way i seem to be able to get the PCI-E card as the primary display, is to competely disable the onboard display in display properties, then im able to select the PCI-E as the primary display, i then restart my PC, and then renable the onboard diplay but now i seem to be locked at 4bit colour and 640x480 for the onboard display!!  ::).

Has anyone managed to get the onboard working aswell as using a PCI-E based card aswell?

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
Re: H55M-S2H. Onboard GFX Problems When Using PCI-E Card Aswell??
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 01:13:00 pm »
As far as i'm aware you can't have onboard and PCI-E running for tri monitors. The only way (as far as i'm aware) would be SLI/X-Fire
There's no place like ::1