Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z87X-OC problems: 4 DIMMs unstable, GPU crashes...

Re: Z87X-OC problems: 4 DIMMs unstable, GPU crashes...
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2013, 08:51:45 pm »
i am having the same issues with my Z87 UD4H board.. im running 2 of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233180 cosair kits: CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R is the model #.. i have (2) 2x4gb kits so all 4 dimms are filled.. memory is fine in memtest and im guessing its the same issue that everyone else is having.. has anything new come from gigabyte in terms of a fix? or atleast a quick fix? im trying the whole disable the cstate power options and will reply back when done..

They were regularly feeding me updated beta BIOS files and asking me to try things but the C State disabling was the only thing that worked reliably. In the end I managed to get 2x8GB at a knock-down price so stuck that in and put the 4x4GB (which is fine, just not with this board) on eBay and that should cover most/all my cost.  RMAing the board would've incurred cost and alot of hassle so this worked out as the best solution unfortunately.  At the end of the day i'd had the ticket open with support for over a month.

thanks for the update, ya the cstate power options didnt work for me.. i was also thinking about sending back my 2 ram kits in exchange for 2 8gb sticks.. hopefully it can be fixed by a bios update as it matures..