Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-P55A-UD4P Sound/Network Issues

ronbo613

• WatermanAtWork
GA-P55A-UD4P Sound/Network Issues
« on: July 28, 2013, 04:43:44 pm »
I have a Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P ver 1 motherboard that has been working fine until recently.
The onboard sound intermittently stops working, most of the time it seems to happen when viewing video in Firefox. The sound problem is not only with the internet browser, once the sound stops working, it doesn't work on audio or video files on hard drives either. Rebooting restores the sound.
Yesterday, for the first time, I lost the network connection while using Firefox on the internet. Rebooting restored the network connection. It happened a couple times.
Does this sound like a motherboard problem or a Firefox problem? I'll check for updated drivers and do some research, I wondered if other Gigabyte mobo owners may have had similar issues.
P55A-UD4P Rev. 1
Intel i7-860 2.8Ghz
16G Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC
Samsung 850 EVO 250G SSD
Corsair TX750
Win7 Pro 64 bit

Fatman

Re: GA-P55A-UD4P Sound/Network Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 03:53:56 am »
Could very well be driver issues. I would update them and see if it still happens. If it does I would either A) RMA the board. Or B) buy a dedicated network card and a sound card to get around the issue. Of course you would have to disable both in bios is you go the later........