Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-880GM-UD2H Rev 1.3 won't boot..

GA-880GM-UD2H Rev 1.3 won't boot..
« on: August 06, 2013, 05:14:04 am »
Hello people, I'm writing as I got my motherboard dead.. It was running perfectly,  I shut down my PC and at the next day it won't boot anymore... I've tried the CPU and RAM and they work OK.. Tried the motherboard without RAM and cannot hear any type of beep. I tried several times, cleared CMOS and nothing..
At first thought about a bad PSU, so I measured the voltages at the MB connector and they were fine except for the Power Good which was at 4.3v instead of 5v. But then, I tried the PSU in another PC and it works ok with the PG at 5v as it should be.. Just to be sure I tried with another new PSU and the same happens, it's like the motherboard drops down the PG voltage to 4.3v.
Could you have an idea of what in my MB can be producing this?
I thought about the VRM, as I was running some OC in my Phenom II 945 95W with voltage at 1.525v, but checked with oscilloscope and it has what I think good PWM pulses at the gate of each MOSFET and also good output after the MOSFETS (not sure what I've got to see at the 5th Power Phase, I see pulses but with different width and a bit different voltage after the inductor). The line that goes to the CPU throws about 1v which I think must be OK as the voltage when you turn on the PC..
Well guys, I hope I described correctly my problem and that you could help me with my problem.
Thank you