Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z87X-OC GPU issue

GA-Z87X-OC GPU issue
« on: August 12, 2013, 01:22:02 pm »
I have recently bought myself a new computer setup and i am having issues with the gpu.
I am using the following:-
GA-Z87X-OC mobo
4770k i7 processor
2x8G of Corsair DDRIII RAM @ 1600
Silverstone 750w 100% modular gold power supply
Sapphire HD 7870 2GB OC GPU
BIOS version F3 with PCIe-1 set as first boot display (which is the slot where the card is)
Running Windows 7 Pro x64

At first i could not get the GPU to display at all, so i used onboard and installed my OS and everything. I then thought to check my device manager and have a look at the GPU and it was in the list, but it said widows found a problem with it and stopped it (error code 43.)
So i took it back to Umart where i bought it and they tested it. I worked just fine there. They stress tested and and it was all good.
I brought it back home and put it back in my comp and walla... it worked.
Showed up in device manager as working. All was good. Or so i thought...
After a couple of reboots i noticed the POST screen with the GIGABYTE Logo artifacting and the screen blinking with lines all over the screen.
And then after a few more boots i would have to restart the computer after i push the power button to get the display.
Now i am back to onboard graphics with the error 43 code for the not working GPU display again.
Now since i know that the GPU works in other systems i have to assume it is a compatibility issue between it and the Mobo...
I have emailed GIGABYTE Technical Support and it looks like it might be a while for a reply, so in the mean time if anyone has any info they can give to fix this asap any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers

EDIT:- Also on a side note i noticed when my RAM is set to auto its goes to 1333 when i have 1600 RAM installed. Its not so much of an issue because i manually set it to 1600, but i thought it would pick that up automatically.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 01:42:47 pm by Darkrenzo »

Fatman

Re: GA-Z87X-OC GPU issue
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 01:38:54 pm »
Few things you can try, first reseaat your GPU to make sure it is properly slotted home, secondly check cables aren't loose....Go Into Bios, and set to load optimised defaults save and reboot. See how you go with that.

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 02:35:01 pm »
i had already reseated and checked the cables like 3 times today.

I went into BIOS just then a did ask you asked... it did nothing.

In the process thought the gpu started working again and then stopped again. It seems to choose when it wants to work

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 08:33:44 am »
i had already reseated and checked the cables like 3 times today.

I went into BIOS just then a did ask you asked... it did nothing.

In the process thought the gpu started working again and then stopped again. It seems to choose when it wants to work
[/quote

Sorry... Meant to write "though" not thought.

ysw

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 03:05:09 am »
u may update to latest bios to check.

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 12:55:43 pm »
u may update to latest bios to check.

I have done this already. I am now running F6 and i am still having the same issue. sometimes it wants to work, then it doesnt.

ysw

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 03:26:16 am »
you may try to disable all C state to check. (C1e, C3& C6)