Official GIGABYTE Forum

Official Windows 7 doesn't want to finish install - RAID 0 on_P67A UD5 B3

Hi all !

Sorry for my poor English but I really need help and nobody in french forums find a way to my problem..

Here is the Fact_

My current system-
Windows 7   64bits
Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3 (rev.1)
Intel I7 2600K (normal setting)
SLI GTX 460
16Go Ram 1333hz
Raid 0_ Western Digital 500go (total 1to) 16Mo cache (3gb/s) DD_SATA Drive connect  in the motherboard on port  SATA _2 and SATA_3

This is not the first Raid 0 I've made and usually it work well!

BUT today I wanted to made I knew RAID_0 with the newest WESTERN DIGITAL 1To 64Mo (6gb/s) and of course I wanted to use use the port SATA_0 and SATA_1 (normally able to use transfert data 6gb/s or 3gb/s) this what I've learned in the manual of the motherboard...

So I've just changed the 2 old DD by the new one , Checked the BIOS to be sure that I Still on RAID configuration... Created my new RAID with control-I setting.

I've put my original cd win 7 pro for install, the system started install but at the end windows told me that was not able to finish the installation on the current system... I'm being crazy... I've tried several times; changing some BIOS setup without results...

Could you help me? if you understand me :):):)

Thank's,

Roland.

Re: Official Windows 7 doesn't want to finish install - RAID 0 on_P67A UD5 B3
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 01:37:48 pm »
You may need to install Intel SATA Preinstall driver(For AHCI / RAID Mode) ie download from the support site
Note: Press F6 during Windows setup to read from floppy.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3762#dl

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: Official Windows 7 doesn't want to finish install - RAID 0 on_P67A UD5 B3
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 01:57:19 pm »
Ever since windows 7 did the SP1 now you have to install a preinstall driver. Make sure you use the 64bit driver too.

Just put it on a USB driver and when windows gets to that point where it is asking you for it than you can install it.

Like I said that before the SP1 you didn't need a drive on a win 7 OS windows did it for you. That is on a Intel machine.   
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

Following the Pre-Install Driver.. The setup states it's an 'unsigned driver" therefore not letting me use it; ideas?