Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-F2A85X-UP4 Displayport to HDMI not working

t0nic

GA-F2A85X-UP4 Displayport to HDMI not working
« on: May 30, 2013, 09:57:55 am »
Hello everyone!

I've been using my F2A85X-UP4 for a few months now. I use my LCD TV as my monitor though the HDMI port on the board. I want to use the Displayport to connect to my other TV. I bought a Displayport to HDMI cord to connect it to the other TV.

The problem is it detects a screen, but displays nothing. I've tried plugging it in different ways like, HDMI then the DP to the motherboard. I've restarted the PC. I've installed the driver (deleting all the software) and re-installing. I've tried plugging the DP to HDMI cord into the working TV and it still has the same problem. The HDMI to HDMI cord works on whatever TV it is connected to. I notice that when I shut off the Displayport TV and turn it back on Windows makes the sound that something connects to it and then disconnects. Like if you were to plug in a USB drive and then unplug it.

When I right click the desktop and click "Screen Resolution" it shows 2 boxes. #2 is the working TV as:
Display: 2. LCDTV16

The TV that says No Signal and is connected by the DP to HDMI cord is #1:
Display: 1. Generic Non-PnP Monitor

I've looked all over the place and people have only mentioned that it worked on their laptops. A few people have posted a similar issue but never posted an answer on if they fixed it or not.

Is there something I have to do different to get the DP to HDMI to show video? Perhaps the cord is broken and that's why it's not working?

Please, if anyone has any helpful information it would make me and my family happy! :D

My system:

GA-F2A85X-UP4
AMD A4-5300
AMD Radeon HD 7480D (13.101.0.0 Driver)
8 GB of Kingston HyperX DD3 1600 RAM
120 GB Kingston HyperX 3k SSD

Vezina

• If it s not broken, fix it until it is !
Re: GA-F2A85X-UP4 Displayport to HDMI not working
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 11:52:34 am »
To display image on 2 monitors you need to install Hydravision package ,along the driver.It s for download in the same place as the video driver on the AMD website.
If you still observe issues then maybe the cable is not good.
Over & Out !

AMD FX (APU-s included) users should install - KB2645594 & KB2646060 under Windows 7

1.ASUS Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 + FX 6300 + H60
2.MSI A88X-G41 PC Mate + A8 5600K + Hyper TX 2
3.Gigabyte F2A75-D3H + A4 5300
4.ASUS AM1M-A + Athlon 5150

t0nic

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 11:09:33 am »
I installed a few versions of the Hydravision/video drivers and it didn't help. I'm starting to think it's the cord.

I wish I could try the cord on something else, but my motherboad is the only Displayport device I have hah.

Thanks for the advice!

timmib

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 12:44:37 am »
Only question I have is, can you boot into a single monitor setup which is the dp -> hdmi, regardless of the monitor.
ga-970a-ud3 v3, phenom II x4 965
16 gb Kingston memory
gv-n210sl-1gi (geforce 210)

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 10:59:17 am »
I have a similar problem with my current setup. However, the only way I could resolve my problem was by not updating the AMD GPU drivers beyond version 12.3

My rig:-

Windows 7 64bit Ultimate
ASUS M4N68T Mobo
AMD Phenom II x6 1055 Black Edition
4GB Ram ( was 8 but due to dodgy sticks had to reduce it)
ATI Radeon HD7700 GPU

Ok, it is not the best rig in the world but it does me fine and for the most part, it has not let me down yet. Now here is the most important part.

Monitors:-

HANNSG HE195 connected via HDMI to VGA adapter/converter
BENQ G925HDA connected via DVI to VGA adapter
LGTV connected via Displayport to an Active HDMI adapter/converter

Now with the 12.3 drivers which I currently have installed, the GPU picks up the monitors as they should be named. When I install the 12.4 drivers or more recent drivers, the displayport then displays the TV as a "Generic Non-PNP Monitor". This means the resolution decreases to 640*480, but more importantly, I lose the ability to send sound via the displayport to the TV.

In conclusion, I believe that from drivers 12.4 and above, EDID was broken by AMD. I don't know if this has been resolved by AMD yet. I did raise a ticket with them but I never heard anything from them, since the confirmation email of raising a ticket.

The solution to the problem you have here (if it is not fixed yet), is to scrub the AMD drivers from the system and clean install the 12.3 drivers.

P.S. If anyone knows if AMD did resolve this problem, I would very much like to know! :)