help
0 (0%)
help
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

OS and HDD problems with Z87X UD3H

OS and HDD problems with Z87X UD3H
« on: August 14, 2013, 07:59:58 pm »
Well I bought it , and then the trouble began , all set up ready to go , I got my Vista disk ready , plugged in all my 8 HDD into the 8 SATA sockets including my spanking new Samsung SSD for my OS , and off we go !!! . Oh no you don't , you thought it would be easy didn't you , well you've got no chance matey ! Didn't recognise any of my 8 HDD , I looked through the manual time after time and could not come up with the reason no HDD was found , so gave up unplugged them all and just left my SSD plugged in , and voula it recognised it . so off I went and started installing my OS , it installed it fine I was so relieved , again , you thought it would be easy mate , No Chance , I put in the MB driver DVD but nowt  happened Xpress Install just wouldn't work (This was over 2 days by now) I emailed gigabyte and the prompt reply just said "The MB only supports Win 7 or 8 " . You've got to be kidding , So a useless MB unless I purchase new OS . By the way I still couldn't  understand why my HDDs weren't being recognised , until I re-read the manual and found 1 entry which said "If you don't configure RAID the MB will only recognise 1 disk" Bollocks I thought , and to configure RAID I would have to wipe off my Vista OS , buy a new OS and try to start all over again . What I did was to steal my Laptop copy of Windows 8 and load it up just to get it up and running which it did , but still only my SSD recognised .A week has now passed and yes I have had to buy a new f*****g OS which ive just got tonight , so over the next few days and nights I will plod on with my expensive and crap MB , and I will update you with whatever happens , Im determind to beat this bastard in any way I can
Cheers all  
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 08:01:35 pm by goodyflyer »

Re: OS and HDD problems with Z87X UD3H
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 11:01:55 pm »
My first time with Gigabyte. Not happy. £160 isn't cheap. Sometimes doesn't boot. Freezes on Gigabyte start up screen. Doesn't always detect SSD Or my 2 HDD. Restart and all ok. Froze once while on a web site. Never had these basic problems with Asus boards. Thought I would see what all the hype was about. Gigabyte have some work to do to impress me. Asus support got slack. Gigabyte has good reviews. Lets see

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 06:32:34 am »
Hi
Update from goodyflyer , Well its now up and running and working fine , the people at gigabyte were very good and talked me thro the prbs with my MB etc , the only issue I still have and will always have is I had to buy another OS so I coukl use it , but there we go !
Cheers

Jaeger

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 10:52:15 am »
Serious SSD boot drive detection problem here with GIGABYTE Z87X-UD4H and CORSAIR F3 90 GB sata 3 disk.
My mobo lose the drive while i'm in Windows! I have to shutdown and unplug/plug the sata cable in order to have my drive back on normal...
This is unacceptable for the money i payed for this crap,i regret now i didn't bought MSI or ASUS!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 10:53:07 am by Jaeger »