Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z68XP-UD3 v1.0 - Virtu MVP with d-GPU

dhope

GA-Z68XP-UD3 v1.0 - Virtu MVP with d-GPU
« on: October 13, 2013, 01:47:32 pm »
I'm trying to install Virtu MVP for converting video, while leaving my dedicated GPU for everything else.

MB: GA-Z68XP-UD3
CPU: i7-3770k
GPU: KFA2 GeForce 480GTX

I have the current, U1J, UEFI running fine previously.

If I try to install Virtu it says no integrated graphics. Then if I follow the instructions on the Gigabyte site and set integrated graphics from Auto->Enabled, and primary display from Auto->PEG, save and restart then the machine fails to boot. It'll POST first time and then the screen goes blank and the machine slowly power cycles. I have to short the CMOS jumpers to reset and then restore optimized defaults before I can get back into Windows.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: GA-Z68XP-UD3 v1.0 - Virtu MVP with d-GPU
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 02:10:51 pm »
I think what they are trying tell you, set it to enabled not auto.

Onboard VGA
Enables or disables the onboard graphics function.
Auto
Always activates the onboard graphics, whether or not a PCI Express graphics card is installed.
If you wish to set up a dual-display configuration, set this item to Always Enable. (Default)
Enable If No Ext PEG
Activates the onboard graphics only when no PCI Express graphics card is installed.
Always Enable
Always activates the onboard graphics, whether or not a PCI Express graphics card is installed. If you wish to set up a dual-display configuration, set this item to Always Enable.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

dhope

Re: GA-Z68XP-UD3 v1.0 - Virtu MVP with d-GPU
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 03:01:52 pm »
I have set it to enabled, that's what's causing it not to boot anymore.

It was Auto by default (so I assume that ends up as disabled when you have a discrete GPU)
I changed it to enabled

And I changed the primary display to PEG (though whether it's Auto or PEG, the system still wont boot with iGPU set to enabled)