Official GIGABYTE Forum

GB Z77-DS3H PWM fans where to connect to work

GB Z77-DS3H PWM fans where to connect to work
« on: May 18, 2013, 04:07:07 pm »
Hello.

I have the Z77-DS3H Board and am using a HR02-Macho Cpu-Fan on cpu_fan atm.
Next week I will get 2 x 120mm PWM fan, 1 x 140mm PWM fan and 1x 200mm fan ( no PWM )

The following is my plan:

2 x 120mm on Sys_Fan2 with the assistance of a Y-Wire.
1x 140mm on Sys_Fan1
1x 200mm on Sys_Fan3

My case ( Cooler Master Storm Trooper ) has a built in manual fan control which I use at the moment, but manually changing the fan speed is annoying and not the most effective in my opinion.
I want the fans to speed up and down automatically with the help of the motherboard ( except the 200mm of course, which has only 3 Pins )
Can I do that with just the motherboard or do I need software for that ? Or isn't it possible at all ? I am confused because in several forums including germany's official gigabyte forum it says that despite the describtion on shops ( which say this mobo has 3 PWM connections ) that in fact only the cpu_fan is PWM, all sys_fans are not.

Here´s a picture of the board:

And here a picture of the manual:

I was told in the german forum that cpu_fan, sy_fan2 and 3 are PWM capable and only sys_fan1 is not capable of PWM, may that be the case ? It would confirm several shop's that state "1 regular fan connection and 3 pwm fan connections ).

Here are 2 picture's of the bios:

http://imgur.com/a/BYOxX

I would appreciate your help.

Best regards,
Keweico

Re: GB Z77-DS3H PWM fans where to connect to work
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 03:02:12 am »
Hi, it's an overdue answer but yes, the fans ramp up and down with the fluctuations in temperature. The PWM, 4pin fans, are controlled by the motherboard. You can see this in the 2 pics I've added here. In the BIOS I have them set to 'silent' mode but they obviously increase speed with the cpu and gpu usage to maintain cooling. My cpu is watercooled, so no fan is showing there.

Picture 1.

Picture 2.

I realise that you will most likely know these answers by know. However, it may help others in time. It's how I arrived here after all. :)