Official GIGABYTE Forum

M5 sniper Motherboard Front Panel Mic Not Working

M5 sniper Motherboard Front Panel Mic Not Working
« on: June 30, 2013, 05:59:30 pm »
I was hoping to see if I could get some help here. I have tried everything including the creative audio drivers, uninstalling and re installing them. The front panel headphone jack works perfectly, but the microphone refuses to be detected. I have even tried a different M5 sniper motherboard and a different case front panel.

nwt

Re: M5 sniper Motherboard Front Panel Mic Not Working
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 12:35:05 am »
Can't get my mic (which worked without issue on my prior computer) to work as well, neither via the front nor rear panel.

It's detected properly on the rear, but won't produce any sound. On the front (where headphones work fine) it it's not even detected; Windows instead always reports that something is plugged in.

It's not muted and I've tried, of course, to switch between the different input options (mic back, mic front, line-in back), no difference.

G1.Sniper M5, bios F6f

nwt

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 02:08:06 pm »
Doesn't work with Linux (kernel 3.10) either. (Windows is 8 x64.)

And the mic is fine, just checked with a laptop, where it works properly.

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 11:20:15 pm »
Glad to see other people with the same problem. I really hope its just a bios update away. Would love to see a solution.

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 07:39:14 am »
Did you guys make it work? I'm interested in this board but the front mic is quite important to me.

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 07:36:00 pm »
Same problem here. Bios is up to date (F7) and the mic works fine when plugged into the back panel.

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 01:22:13 pm »
I have had this problem since building my system back in June.  The rear sockets work fine but the the front panel ic socket does not recognise that a mic is plugged in.

I have only recently managed to test the board with a different case in order to rule out the cable or socket and the problem has to be with the M5.

Has anyone found a fix or heard anything official from Gigabyte?