Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI BIOS update problems

GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI BIOS update problems
« on: October 17, 2013, 11:29:19 am »
Hello,

After upgrading to the latest BIOS version F4, I've run into a few problems.

When turning on they computer, the network card has an error, if I disable it and then re-enable it's fine.

Intel MEI has an error in device manager:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

I've updated all the drivers as per the support page.

http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4287#driver

Anyone else having these problems?

Another strange thing is they have rmeoved the ability to disabled the SAS controller in the BIOS, is there any way to find out why this was done and it they will put this feature back in?

I thought I had the previous BIOS (F4w) saved but didn't.  Does anyone have a copy of this just in case?  Is there a way to get it from the Gigabyte site?  Only the current version is listed on the download page.

I don't think it applies but I can list all the specs if needed.

thanks

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

Re: GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI BIOS update problems
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 11:10:33 pm »
Thanks for that. Is there anyway to find out what the changes are?

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 12:05:28 am »
When you get from them I don't think so. You could join the forum and maybe ask.

There is thread at the top of the page here that has the latest bios. There might be some thing in there.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 10:40:51 am »
Hello,

After upgrading to the latest BIOS version F4, I've run into a few problems.

When turning on they computer, the network card has an error, if I disable it and then re-enable it's fine.

Intel MEI has an error in device manager:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

I've updated all the drivers as per the support page.

http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4287#driver

Anyone else having these problems?

Another strange thing is they have rmeoved the ability to disabled the SAS controller in the BIOS, is there any way to find out why this was done and it they will put this feature back in?

I thought I had the previous BIOS (F4w) saved but didn't.  Does anyone have a copy of this just in case?  Is there a way to get it from the Gigabyte site?  Only the current version is listed on the download page.

I don't think it applies but I can list all the specs if needed.

thanks

Hi...

I had(!) exactly the same issues as you described. In addition to those issues I had repeated boot failures and a complete inability to overclock in any way or form. After spending 2 weeks in useless conversation with Gigabyte's "tech support" I gave up and actually decided to dump the X79s for another board. All they could suggest was re-installing Windows - even though the issues were happening at BIOS level!

As a last resort before heading to the PC shop, I downloaded the F4 BIOS again, loaded it on a USB drive and then re-flashed the BIOS using the BIOS flashing utility. Everything now works perfectly (so far). The Intel drivers load properly and I can play around with the overclocking section in the BIOS with (relative) impunity.

I suspect that you (like me...) used the Gigabyte @BIOS Windows program to update your BIOS to F4. BIG mistake! I'll never use that method again!

Give it a try...

;D ;D ;D ;D