Official GIGABYTE Forum

Installing SSD and IRST and getting out the max speed

Installing SSD and IRST and getting out the max speed
« on: January 08, 2014, 04:24:40 am »
Hey,

For a while I have had my Desktop PC and I have not been able to configure my SSD properly.

my PC: Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H
            SSD - Crucial V4 SSD 2.5'' 128 SATA 3Gb/s
            HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1000 GB
            Processor -  Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @3.40 GHz
            video card - N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II

Anyway, I have read all sorts of things now. That I need to first enable ACHI in BIOS, then load the drivers during win installation and install windows on the SSD. Also heard that I need to enable RAID in BIOS, then install windows on the HDD, load the drivers during win installation and then use SSD as a catching deavce. Tried both ways and I ahve gotten the windows to work but I have never managed to get my SSD to work properly. IRST doesn't have the accelerate button, when installing the drivers with EZ Setup, my computer restarted loads of times, then said my system is not compatible.

So what I need now is that if someone can be kind enough to give me step by step guidelines no how should I set up my system so that I can use the full benefits of my SSD.

(side trouble is that when I try to install Ivory drivers, it says my system is not compatible again, would like a solution for that too, BUT first Iäd like to get my SSD fixed.)

AndyM

Re: Installing SSD and IRST and getting out the max speed
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 09:35:51 am »
As I keep emphasising on this forum, I am no expert, but I also couldn't get the accelerate button to show.  I eventually solved it by ensuring my SSD on Disk Management showed up as Unallocated.  Having achieved that, the accelerate button appeared.