Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-770TA-UD3 CPU Fan Issues

GA-770TA-UD3 CPU Fan Issues
« on: February 18, 2010, 09:30:02 am »
Hi,

Just upgraded my system to a GA-770TA-UD3 with a AMD 605e CPU.  I have used Gigabyte before and never had any issues, but this time I do. 

The main issue is with the fans.  Having everything plugged in the correct fan headers, all but the CPU fan fire up.  Heres what I have done at the moment to try and figure this one out.  The CPU HSF is the retail one with a 4 pin connector.  System fans are all 3 pin.

1. Swapped the system fan and CPU fan connectors over.
2. Both work fine.
3. Hence it is not the fans that are at fault.
4. With a working system (i.e. CPU fan running in this configuration) I have changed the bios so smart fan ontrol is disabled (i.e. they are on full all the time).
5. Changed the fans back to using the correct headers.
6. CPU fan doesn't spin up (unless I stick a finger in and give it a spin).

It is almost like it is not getting enough power to run, but then why when I put a 3 pin fan on the cpu fan connector does it spin?

Hope this makes sense and someone can give me some advice.
Regards,
Nick

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
Re: GA-770TA-UD3 CPU Fan Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 10:11:15 am »
Although you disabled the smartfan, I have a feeling it could be to do with some other energy saving thing. Have you tried putting the cpu under load (only for a few secs) to see if it spins up?
There's no place like ::1

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 05:42:14 pm »
Hi,

No I have not put it under load, bit worried about doing that with no fan spinning.  I can't see any other options for fan settings, but as you say it may well be another efficiency setting somewhere.  Was hoping that someone else may have had this issue, if it is an issue.

Cheers,
Nick

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 08:59:22 am »
Hi All,

Think I have solved it by doing a BIOS update.  Which raised another issue of the @BIOS app not working.  Rather it works but says there is no update.  Go to the GIGBYTE website and sure enough there is an update - F2 version.  Seems to have solved the issue...

Nick

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 04:39:20 pm »
Glad you got it sorted. For future BIOS updates I would personally use Q-Flash :)
There's no place like ::1