Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z87-D3HP reboot loop issue

GA-Z87-D3HP reboot loop issue
« on: November 09, 2013, 06:52:18 pm »
I got a GA-Z87-D3HP mobo with an i4770 3.4 Ghz cpu, and ever since i've installed it, i keep getting a reboot loop problem, I checked the forums, and when i take out the cmos batery and put it back i can get into the bios window, qflashed it from f2 to f5 (which is the current bios that is available in the webpage). Updated the bios and and used the optimized bios option, and I keep getting the reboot loop, been trying to fix it, but it's been a week and im already frustated.

I have old parts since i dont have the money to get everything, and not in the usa to be able to ship back the mobo, I use G Skill ddr3 1333 cl7-7-7-18 1.51.6v 2GBx3 ram, and Nvdia gtx295 video card.

Already tried running from 1 to all 3 ram sticks, with the same result.

Could use some help because RMA is not in my posibility

Re: GA-Z87-D3HP reboot loop issue
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 01:54:26 am »
 ???
same here
got a new mobo, i5-4670k cpu, 2 sticks of corsair xms 1600 4gb ram in the two grey slots (1&2)
using a seasonic platinum psu
and cant install windows. just tried for the last 5 hours to get it installed.
used 3 separate hard disks - no good.
reboots then goes into a loop

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 03:47:16 am »
I've checked other forums, and they all say about the same, i even reseated the cpu with no luck, there is one option i think is not worth the risk, im waiting on response from Gigabyte tech support to see what I can do, my pc been out of comision for about a month and a half and it's frustating spending money on a board that aparently works but can get out of a known issue

ysw

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 02:37:36 am »
if using onboard graphics, does it work fine?
tweaktown has latest bios, http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios.html
maybe you can have a try.

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 04:23:52 am »
Kuroiwashi, did you ever get your setup to work?
I'm having a boot-loop issue with a Z87N-Wifi when no monitors are connected to the IGP. If a monitor is connected to the IGP, it will always boot ok, but that monitor goes dead when the GPU takes over.
AFAIK, it has to do with Secure Boot and the CSM (Compatibility Support Module, a feature of the bios), and getting a "non-UEFI, non-GOP" GPU to boot is tricky business with Secure Boot.
I succeeded a few times, but it seems to break once in a while - real PITA, as I have to reconnect a monitor to the IGP when it does.

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 09:29:26 pm »
Right now I have it conected to the igp, since I was waiting to update drivers when i get in windows, since I havent been able to pass the bios, wouldnt be able to say.

There is another post about how to setup the CSM and Secure boot for the GPU issue

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 05:00:30 pm »
Forgot to respond back, I got the pc to work, contacted a friend who is an IT, he did format and then clean instal of windows in the HDD, since it was upgrade, atm I havent had any other issues with the reboot loop, but now the MoBo wont recognize my sound card nor graphic card, getting the drivers to see if that will work

Bill B

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 06:00:45 pm »
Not a power user but the only way I can get this board to work is to run my dual channel ram using only one stick. I have Corsair Vengance 8 gigs (1600). I hope that they have some sort of fix in the future so I can use the other stick of ram.