Official GIGABYTE Forum

BIOS help GA A75M DS2 boot order

BIOS help GA A75M DS2 boot order
« on: December 20, 2013, 03:09:04 am »
I am not used to this BIOS.   I've worked in multiple BIOS' but this one throws me. 

When I go to the boot order I CANNOT move any of the items up or down.  How do I move them?

MisterEd

Re: BIOS help GA A75M DS2 boot order
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 03:17:05 am »
According to the manual:
"Hard Disk Boot Priority
Specifies the sequence of loading the operating system from the installed hard drives. Use the up or down arrow key to select a hard drive, then press the plus key <+> (or <PageUp>) or the minus key <-> (or <PageDown>) to move it up or down on the list. Press <Esc> to exit this menu when finished."
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 v1.0 | AMD FX-8350 | Corsair H60 | GSkill RipjawsX (2x4GB) | ASUS GeForce GTX 560 | Windows 7 Ult 64-bit
ASUS M4N82 Deluxe | AMD Phenom II X4 960T | Corsair XMS2 (4x2GB) | PNY GeForce GTS 250 | Windows 7 Home Prem  64-bit

Re: BIOS help GA A75M DS2 boot order
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 03:22:11 am »
 Nothing happens.  I am completely stumped.

All I have is a DVD and a HD.  I am trying to boot the to DVD to install widows(again) it just will not do it.

If I go to BIOS features.  the boot option priorities are there. There are 3 at this point.  
Option 1 has
boot mgr
HD
DVD
disabled.  I cannot move any of them.  Clicking or selecint the DVD does not change anything.

There are 2 other options but they have the same items in them.  I cannot figure out how to move anything. ???

At this point i'm getting 'select a proper boot device and hit enter'

Editing.....

There is also a section for HD boot priority and CD/DVD boot priority and they each have one device in them and the option to disable.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 03:26:51 am by ChrisPbass »