Official GIGABYTE Forum

G1. Sniper 1st BIOS fails to boot

G1. Sniper 1st BIOS fails to boot
« on: December 24, 2013, 08:50:41 am »
Disclaimer: I am very new to building PCs and I'm still learning how to utilize certain aspects of them. Please forgive me if what I'm about to say is something that is pretty dumb and is easy to fix. Thank you.

I went in to my BIOS for the first time today to get a feel of what it looked like. I went in to the CPU part and changed only one thing: the very first option that says "Upgrade" I'm assuming frequencies concerning how fast the CPU would run. It had a scroll down of percentages and I clicked "20% Upgrade" hoping that my CPU would go up to at least 3.8ghz so my games would be slightly better in frame rate. When I tried booting it up after I saved and exited (which was a bit buggy because I had to click "Save and Exit" a few times and the screen changed a little before it actually booted up again) the PC would not show anything on the screen and my motherboard had a few codes showing up on the debug LED. I looked at the codes (4F, 95, 91, 69, 15, 19) which didn't really tell me anything when I looked them up in the manual.

Is there any way I can restore the first BIOS to its original/default/factory settings so I don't feel insecure about the PC, because I feel like its fate is hanging by a thread and I only changed one thing. I realize I probably should have watched videos on how to overclock (I was on a Skype call with a friend and he thought what I did would be ok because he did it before) and I'd really like for my first BIOS to work again.

If you can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays,
Jeremiah B.

Re: G1. Sniper 1st BIOS fails to boot
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 05:21:35 pm »
Happy Holidays,  ;)