« on: December 25, 2013, 07:46:07 pm »
So i recently put together a new build:
i5 3750k
gaz77hd3 modo
gigabyte radeon hd 7870
8gb g.skill ram
win 8.1
Hive 550w power supply

Everything was working great for 2-3 days after I built it, then this morning I go to turn my pc on and it dies right away, but then starts booting up again. This time it sounds like its going to go, but instead i see a dark blue empty screen with the word Gigabyte UEFI Dual Bios (or something close) and the comp restarts again going through cycles of this until I stop it. Any way to fix this? What could be the problem? I already tried clearing the CMOS, disconnecting my ssd, hdd, graphics card, one stick of ram and so one, but nothing changes the problem. I did not install anything besides two indie games off Steam yesterday and I doubt those are the cause of trouble.

Basically I have a feeling this will come down to: am I buying a new mobo or power supply?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 07:50:42 pm by Konrow »

Konrow

Re: GA-Z77-HD3 Booting problem UEFI Dual Bios
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 09:33:56 pm »
This has been fixed. I tried clearing the cmos one more time, this time using the pins instead of taking the battery out and it's all good. Might have been unplugging and plugging some things in as well, but i think the cmos clear did it.