Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77X-D3H coming from sleep powers off -- Issue with IRST

GA-Z77X-D3H coming from sleep powers off -- Issue with IRST
« on: December 27, 2013, 05:03:51 am »
Hi All,

I have been battling an issue with Intel Rapid Storage and coming out of sleep mode. Most times if I have IRST installed and I power on the machine, it will startup for 2 seconds, power off for a few seconds and then back on but will not boot until I power off the machine.

This issue does not occur if I uninstall IRST. I have tried a newer version but have other problems actually going into sleep. Has anyone come across this issue?

Thanks

hal8000

Re: GA-Z77X-D3H coming from sleep powers off -- Issue with IRST
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 08:13:20 pm »
Just as a matter of interest, I had a similar reboot loop, turning on for 0.5 second turning off for 0.5 second.
I had a friend with same motherboard and one unusual difference was the CPU Clock DRive and PCI Express
clock drive voltage,

The CPU clock drive was accessible from BIOS under MIT , then advanced frequency settings,

On my board both values were set to 700mV.

On my friends machine CPU clock drive was 800mV and PCIExpress Clock Drive 900mV.
In fact on page 37 of my GA-P55A-UD3 motherboard manual, the printed values were
the same 800 and 900mV respectively.

I changed these values and so far system has been stable.
It may well be worth checking these values against what is printed in the motherboard manual.
Again I have different hardware an Intel i5 750 so values not forced to be same, hope that helps.