Official GIGABYTE Forum

Question about @BIOS with GA-Z77M-D3H

XgN

Question about @BIOS with GA-Z77M-D3H
« on: December 29, 2013, 12:19:45 am »
Hello!

I always like to keep my PC new and up to date as long as I can. So I decided to update my BIOS. But now I have one huge question: which @BIOS I have to use? There are 2 of them: 1 - @BIOS for 6 and 7 series and it says up to Windows 8 x64; and 2-@ BIOS for 8 series and up to Windows 8.1 x64. My PC with GA-Z77M-D3H and 7 series CPU and running Windows 8.1. Will 1 @BIOS work properly?

Thanks in advance! :)

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: Question about @BIOS with GA-Z77M-D3H
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 01:58:16 am »
Your does have two bios but you can only really use one, The other one is a backup just in case some thing happen to your main bios.

Unless you have switch like some board do. So you can switch to the other bios. I might be wrong but you can't use the main bios and not the backup.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 06:54:24 am »
Hi there,

if you insist on using @BIOS then you should use the version for the Intel 6/7 series motherboards. Although it doesn't say it supports Windows 8.1 it will still work.

However, on a personal note, I would recommend that you use the QFlash Utility to update BIOS, unless there is some practical reason why you can't, ie flashing to a larger BIOS file.

Another thing to consider is that flashing BIOS is not the same as updating system drivers and it really is better not to update just because there is a newer version, especially if everything on your system is working OK.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

XgN

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 06:23:04 pm »
Thank You! Updated via Qflash. Seems to be working ;)

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 05:44:43 pm »
Hello, I want to ask about my Z77M-D3H BIOS too. When I play Assassin Creed IV Blag Flag, my PC sometimes freeze for 3-5 second. I suspicious my HDD was broke, so I wil repair with my program that run on BIOS System. But when I will change my setup in BIOS, BIOS was freeze too. Boot menu and all system can't run, but windows can booting.

So, I upgrade my BIOS to F15 version. My BIOS was run normally. But, there is another problem. My program to repair HDD can't run with new BIOS version. So, I downgrade my BIOS with default BIOS (F9 version), but BIOS Freeze again. I downgrade again to F8 version, BIOS still freeze. What the problem?

Thank you before :)