G1 Sniper M5 issue
« on: January 06, 2014, 05:06:30 pm »
Revision: 1.0
BIOS version: F5

Using:

i5 4670K
2x4GB Kingston HyperX Beast memory

I have a slight issue with the motherboard:

The board rarely posts, everything turns on (fans, led's, etc) before turning off, almost instantly. I'm certain the primary bios is dead as I got the readout 'db' when I eventually got the board to post (flash update is failed), the secondary bios posts fine. I do however have to hit the power switch multiple times before the board will post (hit on-board power switch, turn off psu, turn on, hit power switch, rinse and repeat).

I cannot update the bios using qflash because of this issue, as an update requires a restart, the board always fails to turn back on after shutting down.

Does anyone have any idea's how I might be able to solve this issue?

All helps appreciated,

Thanks!

Re: G1 Sniper M5 issue
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 09:52:00 pm »
I would try updating the bios using the dos method if you cant get qflash to complete.

Make a bootable usb and extract the bios files from the F7 download file.

How is the board setup in terms of drive config etc AHCI/Raid etc ?

Normally the bios update process loads defaults so if you need specific settings to boot
then you will need to enter bios and reconfigure prior to the new boot.

I had lots of issues with shutdown and startup with a sniper M3 -in the end a clean install
and not an upgrade install resolved them for me.

Just a couple of ideas..............

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 10:04:54 pm »
I would try updating the bios using the dos method if you cant get qflash to complete.

Make a bootable usb and extract the bios files from the F7 download file.

How is the board setup in terms of drive config etc AHCI/Raid etc ?

Normally the bios update process loads defaults so if you need specific settings to boot
then you will need to enter bios and reconfigure prior to the new boot.

I had lots of issues with shutdown and startup with a sniper M3 -in the end a clean install
and not an upgrade install resolved them for me.

Just a couple of ideas..............

Any bios flashing method will always require a reboot upon installation, right? So long as a reboot is required it's something I won't be able to do, the board never posts normally, it varies every time, could be one attempt or twenty.

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 09:55:11 am »
Well you need to try something different dont you as there may be something in your
hardware config that is mismatched with the defaults loaded on restart.

You could try disconnecting all the peripherals including add in cards and boot from the usb as mentioned and see if
the bios can be flashed.

If that doesnt work I would rma the board.