Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z87X-UD4H USB Issues - Frozen mouse/keyboard + sticking keys

GA-Z87X-UD4H USB Issues - Frozen mouse/keyboard + sticking keys
« on: December 07, 2013, 03:40:43 am »
I have been having 2 problems with keyboards/mouse on my new Windows 8.1 build. I have been able to replicate this using 2 different USB keyboards (Logitech G15 and Razer BlackWidow).

Problem 1
Every once in a while, either my keyboard or mouse will stop responding and wont react to key presses or clicks. Will have to either reboot the machine or unplug and replug in the particular device.

Problem 2
Sometimes when I am typing, a key will get "stuck" and type out several times on the screen. So for example, if I was typing the word update, it might look like this.

updattttttttttttttttttttttte

At first I thought it was the keyboard, but since I have switched and just had it happen on the new keyboard.

I have also switched USB ports on my mobo and that didnt seem to help it.

I am using the default Windows drivers as well for the keyboard and mouse.

My BIOS version is F7.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
i5 4670K | GA-Z87X-UD4H | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW | CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600 | 840 Pro 256GB | WD 1TB and 2x 640GB Dynamic striped volume | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair TX750W

KiwiCD

Re: GA-Z87X-UD4H USB Issues - Frozen mouse/keyboard + sticking keys
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 08:27:45 pm »
I cant help I can only confirm I am having exactly the same issue - its only on the USB 3.0 ports (of which there are 10 on this mobo...). Its appears to be a real issue with this mobo - there are hotfixes and bios updates on Gigabyte product page however none of the hotfixes worked for me. I also tried changing the XCHI settings in BIOS to 'enabled' as recommended and my keyboard stopped working all together (on USB3.0).

I actually purchased a new keyboard/mouse as they were several years old and thought this might be the issue - but no, new devices are in fact even worse (drop outs/stuck keys as you say).

I hope to find a fix very soon as having major issues with your input devices is very problematic!

Cheers

Re: GA-Z87X-UD4H USB Issues - Frozen mouse/keyboard + sticking keys
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 08:30:14 pm »
I cant help I can only confirm I am having exactly the same issue - its only on the USB 3.0 ports (of which there are 10 on this mobo...). Its appears to be a real issue with this mobo - there are hotfixes and bios updates on Gigabyte product page however none of the hotfixes worked for me. I also tried changing the XCHI settings in BIOS to 'enabled' as recommended and my keyboard stopped working all together (on USB3.0).

I actually purchased a new keyboard/mouse as they were several years old and thought this might be the issue - but no, new devices are in fact even worse (drop outs/stuck keys as you say).

I hope to find a fix very soon as having major issues with your input devices is very problematic!

Cheers
Good to know I am not the only one with this issue.

I ended up disabling USB 3.0 in the BIOS and haven't run into the problem since them.

Seems to be a bandaid fix until Gigabyte gets their stuff together.
i5 4670K | GA-Z87X-UD4H | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW | CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600 | 840 Pro 256GB | WD 1TB and 2x 640GB Dynamic striped volume | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair TX750W