Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-990X-UD3 Rev 3.0 with PCI-E Raid Card ... no boot ?

Thanis

GA-990X-UD3 Rev 3.0 with PCI-E Raid Card ... no boot ?
« on: January 12, 2014, 11:44:31 am »
Hi, I have recently upgraded my homeserver. However, with the new motherboard, my HP P410 Raid Controller is making the motherboard to not boot. The RAID controller works on my older motherboard (GA-MA770T-UD3) without issues.

It seems that whenever the RAID card is plugged in (no matter which PCIe slot I use), it bypasses the motherboards bios and goes straight to the RAID card BIOS. That one is behaving normally, except that after initializing it goes to a black screen with a blinking cursor.

When the raid card is in the system, I cannot access the Gigabyte bios.

I am using bios version FD (came from the vendor with this version), I did see that the previous version included optimizations for PCI RAID Cards ...

Anyone have an idea to help me, would be a big shame to start looking for another motherboard :(

Thanis

Re: GA-990X-UD3 Rev 3.0 with PCI-E Raid Card ... no boot ?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 05:05:52 pm »
Things I have already tried:
* Disabling onboard SATA
* Revert to previous BIOS version (FC)
* Put the card in every slot

Next thing to try is to see if I can disable the card's own option rom/bios in another system to see if that fixes the issue. The most probably cause is the fact that the UEFI bios gives the PCIe slot option rom priority, even though the BIOS has the option that the UEFI should have priority. In other brands, this issue was fixed by disabling the specific PCIe slot's boot rom option.