Official GIGABYTE Forum

Turn off USB power when PC off?? - Gigabyte EX58-DS4

Turn off USB power when PC off?? - Gigabyte EX58-DS4
« on: February 15, 2014, 01:37:03 pm »
This is driving me potty - this should be simple, right??

Can't find a bios setting to do this anywhere.

Can't find any onboard jumpers.

Tried changing windows power management settings - no joy.

D/l'd OnOffCharge - expecting there to be software and an "Off" option (logically!) - no software or "off" option!

PC plugged into a power strip in my arcade cab as control for all other power feeds - needs to be OFF or all other appliances don't power down!

Why is it the most simple is normally the most annoying!

Any help appreciated

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: Turn off USB power when PC off?? - Gigabyte EX58-DS4
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 01:59:07 pm »
I have one of those boards and I'll do some checking. But more likely I'm not going to find anything. The thing is that when the computer is shut down.

The PSU will still supply power to some of the things on the board. It is design that way. So when it is turn on or comes out of sleep mode.

The board doesn't take as long to start or come out of sleep mode. Most people don't know this that when you shut your computer off.

Like you found out it is still drawing power. Plus still driving your electric bill up.   
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 02:24:07 pm »
Thanks dmdilks!

Thing is, I think the powerstrip must tolerate a small amount of power drain on the switching socket, because it was working before. That is - had PC plugged into the switching socket, and when PC off, the strip would power down the other sockets no problem (with the PC PSU still on).

However, more recently, it's not doing this. Have tried unplugging all usbs - but still being over the threshold for switch off.

I'm not very good with all the power down states (S1,S2 etc), but have tried both states in the bios - made no difference.

A very frustrating problem.

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 10:09:34 am »
Anyone?