Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA P67A-UD7-B3 + i5-3570K: how to get access to CPU multiplier? (modded BIOS?)

webzeb

Hello!

I own a Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 (rev.1.0) motherboard and an Intel Core i5-3570K CPU.

Latest BIOS is installed (F7), unfortunately I can't modify CPU multiplier to overclock it : I only have access to multiplier up to 38 and, moreover, modifying it has absolutely no effect.
It seems this problem is a well known bug/issue.

By the way, is there any option (modded BIOS, installing a BIOS from another motherboard...) to get unlocked multiplier ?

Many thanks in advance!

Fred

You are likley wasting your efforts as you will also find that you will be unable
to change other variables like Vcore.

If you want to overclock you will have to go back to the award bios.

I upgraded to UEFI bios on a Z68 chipset Gigabyte board and had all these issues
and doubt they will ever be addressed. When you consider the memory sizes
available on the older boards P67 etc are limited to 4MB most of the full UEFI require 8MB.

UEFI bios releases for the older chipset boards are going to have a lot of bugs and limitations.

Unless you have something in the UEFI release you absolutely cant do without dont upgrade
as it will in most cases be a downward step. IMHO by the way!

Sorry just realised that you are probably not on the UEFI bios so my reply could be out of context!

You are likley wasting your efforts as you will also find that you will be unable
to change other variables like Vcore.

If you want to overclock you will have to go back to the award bios.

I upgraded to UEFI bios on a Z68 chipset Gigabyte board and had all these issues
and doubt they will ever be addressed. When you consider the memory sizes
available on the older boards P67 etc are limited to 4MB most of the full UEFI require 8MB.

UEFI bios releases for the older chipset boards are going to have a lot of bugs and limitations.

Unless you have something in the UEFI release you absolutely cant do without dont upgrade
as it will in most cases be a downward step. IMHO by the way!