Official GIGABYTE Forum

hello absic

avitar

hello absic
« on: March 31, 2014, 02:18:11 pm »
I've posted several emails about this and it has been suggested that you might report this to GIGA. They seem to make reporting problems very difficult.

IMO GIGA should be checking these forums - but I'm told they don't - which raises question WHY NOT?

Anyway if you can help it'd be good.
john

et6 broken on GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 5.x)
« on: March 29, 2014, 04:15:54 pm »
I've posted this before - do gigabytes developers take any notice or is it just the latest m/bs that are supported? If so please tell us so we don't waste our time with these emails!!

I've installed the latest version of et6  2013.12.11 date 2014/2/27 from gigabyte site, on win7 -64 sp1. have latest bios F4a,  fx4100 processor, 4Gbytes.

The problem is when I run et6 I only get the frequency tab, I DO NOT GET THE RATIO and VOLTAGE tabs as inm documentation. I know as a get out gigabyte say that et6 doesn't work for all systems, but this is a cop out - don't believe that they can't make it work - it is either the bios or the et6 software..

It should work for a modern processor, reasonably modern m/b

SO GET IT SORTED  GIGABYTE!

John

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: hello absic
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 06:23:56 pm »
Hi Avitar,

not sure what I can really do but I will try my best for you.

It can be very frustrating, especially when you have invested your hard earned cash, in a system that doesn't perform how you expect it to. And it is even more annoying when you feel as if you are banging your head against a brick wall when trying to get straight forward answers to reasonable questions.

I do not work for Gigabyte but I have used their motherboards for many years and I originally came to this forum when I encountered an issue to which I could not find an answer. In fact, I never did get an answer to that particular question and I had to solve it by myself. That is why I have stuck around and tried to help others who pass this way. So please don't expect too much from me.

The first thing I have to ask you is: Have you contacted Tech Support about this problem and if you have, what was their response?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.