change mobo
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Mainboard reboot before POST

Goleus

Mainboard reboot before POST
« on: April 13, 2014, 02:11:58 pm »
Good afternoon,
i'm a reseller of gigabyte products and i often create Desktop PC with Gigabyte MOBO.
My problem is that sometime and with several MOBO models (one of them is H61M-DS2), when i try to turn on the Desktop something strange happens:
1) i ear processor fan working
2) nothing on screen appears, or sometime i only read UEFI BIOS. in both cases, it restarts (so i DONT see the mainboard logo)
3) it automatically restarts and does this again, 3 times.
4) the 4th time it goes on and i see mainboard logo, and windows normally starts.

it happened to me a lot of times with different MOBO models, but only INTEL. i work with Desktop for a while, shut pc down and start again: the problem DOES NOT appear. It appears again after some hours with DESKTOP turn off (like the next day).

I tried to change all components (HDD, processors, dvd drive, ram..) but nothing changes. it's quite random but if i shut down for 1 night, 90% possibilities the problem will appear tomorrow. In the end i changed the POWER SUPPLY (500w) and everything seems to be GOOD, but the power supply works perfectly with other AMD desktop pc, i tested and the volts are ok, and i'm using famous brand power supply, half professional, so how can be possible? i tried to update BIOS but nothing changes. it's not possible that 40% power supplies are bad, only if i use with Gigabyte Intel Mobo!
Can someone tell me if must i change something in BIOS? I m sure power supplies are OK! i also tested with oscilloscope!
Thanks, best regards
Nino