Official GIGABYTE Forum

USB issues mouse not working

USB issues mouse not working
« on: April 18, 2014, 09:48:16 pm »
OK for the last 2 months i have been trying build a new Z87 system for myself originaly based on an Asus Z87 Deluxe, however after having gone through 7 motherboards 3 lots of RAM, 2 i7 7440k CPU's, 4 Samsung 840 Pro SSD's, replaced power supply, replaced brass motherboard stand off's, washer and screws, not to mention all 10 SATA cable, power leads, ran outside the case and everytime the Asus was updated to the latest bios and i could still not get a stable system hell i even ran it outside the case for a while to see if that worked and it didn't so i gave up a bougth my current board a G1.Sniper 5 (F9).

Oh by the way the problem with the Asus board was when i'd boot into win 7 U x64 sometimes the mouse and KB would freeze now when i say freeze i mean no power was getting to them as mouse never got it's red light to come on, this applied to every single USB port no matter if it was on I/O shiled or USB header going to backplate or front of my Fractal Design XL R2, zip no power nothing, also if i was able to get it working long enough to update OS to SP1 and latest windows updates i would just leave it on doing nothing and sometimes it would just reboot on it it's own, the only driver i had installed was LAN driver to get online that's it just LAN and windows updates and she would reboot on her own for no reason, so as i say i gave up and moved to GB as it was only board to suit my needs, ie;10 x SATA, no DVI/VGA etc etc.

Anyway now have the new G1. Snipeer 5 in the case and started working on it yesterday windows went in fine LAN driver was cool updated some windows files and rebooted and bingo mouse just froze again in the middle fo the screen again nothing KB worked fine but no mouse, I forgot to mention i have already bought a new USB KB for the Asus as well as a couple of new mice and there all still playing up.

What goes with these Z87 boards?
I know the BIOS is a complicated place nowadays but i have looked and disabled things like fast boot and allowed all legacy devicies etc but i'm still having this issues, i'm now guessing it has to be something in the bios i'm missing but for the life of me i have no idea, I'd be more then welcome to any AND all advice before i give up and just buy a damm laptop which i don't want to do.

All1

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: USB issues mouse not working
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 06:14:27 am »
Hi there,

the problem is most likely to be with Windows 7 from your description and a simple test would be to run a live install of Ubuntu or Linux Mint or another linux OS distribution to see if the problem is really hardware based rather than software. I know this can be an annoying thing to do but it can help narrow down the probable cause of the problem.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 12:38:09 pm by absic »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Re: USB issues mouse not working
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 11:47:55 am »
To be  honest i doubt it's my windows instal, reason i say this is i have installed windows well over 40 times while trying to get a working system, i'm not joking with the number, it is a x64 U Retail version not a dodgy download copy, i guess there could be no harm in trying a version of mint i know i have one hanging around here somewhere so i may give it a run for it's money.

All1