Official GIGABYTE Forum

The Unsolvable Code 43 USB error

The Unsolvable Code 43 USB error
« on: April 23, 2014, 02:31:06 pm »
I built my PC from scratch on Friday 18th April. On the evening of 21st April I turned my PC on and saw a USB error popping up in a yellow box on the bottom right of my screen. This error was popping up every 5 seconds without fail.

I tried to uninstall the drivers for all USB ports and reinstall but this didn't work. Instead I inspected the error from my Device Manager and read this:

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) A request for the USB device descriptor failed." ((Port_#0011.Hub_#0003)) My USB devices

I have a Gigabyte H87 3HD Motherboard, a Nvidia GTX 760 graphics card, Intel i5 4440 Quad core processor, 650w Power Supply. I have Windows 8.1 64-bit as an OS.

With all my USB devices plugged in or without ANY plugged in, the error still pops up regardless. This leads me to believe it could be a problem with the motherboard itself.

I have tried the following solutions:
  • On and Off again
  • Updated BIOS to F6 Version
  • Updated Windows 8.1
  • Updated Chipset + all Drivers
  • Windows Hot Fixes
  • Using CMD and NetMon to asses the USB ports
  • System restore

None of these have worked. I feel like I have exhausted all my options and not a single bit of advice or a random IT forum has yielded any help. Thus I have come here in hope of ultimately finding the solution. My last resort is to send the motherboard back as I've had it for 5 days....