Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte Z87-OC bad after BIOS flash

DJLeeZ

Gigabyte Z87-OC bad after BIOS flash
« on: April 25, 2014, 01:06:17 pm »
Hey guys, it appears that the latest BIOS version (F8) for the Z87-OC has borked my mobo, as after flashing it I now get constant WATCHDOG CLOCK INTERRUPT BSOD's. Even when all overclocks are removed and everything is set to stock. It was a real hassle to flash. Tried flashing a few times too. No fix.
Thank odin for the dual bios switch! I thought maybe I could revert the main bios back to F4 then try maybe F7 or F6 instead of the borked F8, however it seems that F8 has locked my ability to downgrade the bios and you can only flash F8 or newer. Is there a way to reverse that so I'm not stuck on the F3 secondary bios? Cheers

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Gigabyte Z87-OC bad after BIOS flash
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 01:36:08 pm »
Hi there,

you might want to check out my post here: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,14412.msg89883.html#msg89883 which has a link to some helpful advice over at TweakTown by Stasio with regarding to flashing back to an earlier BIOS version.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

DJLeeZ

Re: Gigabyte Z87-OC bad after BIOS flash
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 02:43:23 pm »
All good guys. Used the ALT+F10 trick to erase the borked bios with backup F3, then flashed F7 using qflash. Testing now but so far so good