Official GIGABYTE Forum

onboard Audio issue and Bios detection problem on my P43-ES3G

hello fellow members, I'm fairly new here, I thought this might be my last resort on asking for help cause I literally surfed almost everything related to this issue to no avail, so I'll write about my problem as simple as possible...

before I start here's my PC's spec

and I'm also using "Realtek HD audio"

first issue (onboard Audio)

from about a week ago, something happened to my audio, the left audio channel no longer produces any sound, only the right speaker works, I tried both my speakers and headphones on a laptop and they worked fine, I looked up this issue on the internet, and many had the same issue and also had some suggestions, I updated my driver, uninstalled it, re-installed it, cleaned the case from the inside, checked the wires, I cleaned the Jacks, but NOTHING worked, but I've concluded that it's strictly a hardware issue, I've just about had it with this problem so I went for other solutions

my 2nd issue (my motherboard does not detect soundcards)

so after I lost hope of fixing the onboard audio, I tried using soundcards on my motherboard hoping it might fix the problem, I brought my two cards which are "sound blaster X-wave" & "X-fi extreme fidelity", both have the PCI 2.1 slots, so I tried putting in my motherboard which I believe supports PCI 2.0 slots only, they fit inside well, but when I started windows, it does not detect any of them, I tried putting them into different slots to no avail, I looked up the problem on google, and many says it's something about Bios setup, I tried surfing through the bios setup screen, and I honestly don't know what to look at exactly.

any help would be gladly appreciated
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 11:10:59 am by ShadiHD »