Official GIGABYTE Forum

Unable to update BIOS for GA-MA74GM-S2 MB

pantz

Unable to update BIOS for GA-MA74GM-S2 MB
« on: March 05, 2010, 05:30:38 pm »
hello everyone, happy Friday, i am trying to update my BIOS for my  GA-MA74GM-S2 MB  from http://www.gigabyte.us/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProMBductID=2813
 i am using the Q-flash feature, the BIOS update is on my flash drive, and when i attempt to update the BIOS
i get a check sum error of the BIOS reading, I redownloaded the BIOS update again, and got the same erro.
I also tried the @ bios feature which says there is an update available, i am reluctant to use it since i got the check sum
on my flash drive. any ideas?
thanks in advance

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Unable to update BIOS for GA-MA74GM-S2 MB
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 06:04:17 pm »
Are you sure you have the right BIOS? Just checked the UK site and there seems to be 5 versions of your board. You need to check your revision number (you can locate it on one of the corners of the board). You get this error if you try to flash with wrong bios version.

Personally I would not use the @bios utility as it is known to sometimes cause problems!  :'(
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

pantz

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 06:17:30 pm »
I belive the gigabyte site said the F5 BIOS was a BETA, well i am going to open my case and check rev version.

pantz

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 06:47:56 pm »
Are you sure you have the right BIOS? Just checked the UK site and there seems to be 5 versions of your board. You need to check your revision number (you can locate it on one of the corners of the board). You get this error if you try to flash with wrong bios version.

Personally I would not use the @bios utility as it is known to sometimes cause problems!  :'(

thanks a lot i had the wrong rev version, i am now at F4
once again thanks

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 06:55:52 pm »
No worries pleased to help!  :D
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.