Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-EG41MF-US2H mobo

GA-EG41MF-US2H mobo
« on: March 06, 2010, 08:18:15 pm »
I have had this board for about 3 weeks...I have plenty of experience in building my own pc...but this is baffling me...
The system is all fitted correctly...but am getting weird happenings...updated bios to F4 btw...and non o\c ed....all basic...
I turnn on power,push power button and sometimes it boots fine.....restart from win7...and it happens...frequently....tries to boot...nothing...then get 1 short then either 14 or 16 short beeps after it...sometimes it will shut off...then restart itself....and ok....
then some other days it sits there...dvd light comes on...goes off...h\d s done seem to be detected....error beeps and nothing....
this is driving me mad...ive done rma...but cannot recall where to get the email they said id get back with any help...im stuck...
I bought the board locally at novatech.....and not wanting to have no pc...as other mobo was scrapped...I havent returnrd it to nova...yet...I am fully confident it isnt any error on my part....I do not want the same board again in case it happens again..I usually buy or recommend gigabyte  boards...but not this board...
cheers

ps when I was looking for new mobo...I looked at another source for a GB board...and forgot to cancel its delivery...i may consider keeping that and asking gigabyte uk to have this one back...I am advised I would get a refund if it is faulty?...as the other board is also a GB board...so they arent really losing a sale..
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 08:23:50 pm by russouk2004 »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-EG41MF-US2H mobo
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 08:30:26 am »
Sorry to see that you are having problems with your mobo.
If you are getting lots of short beeps at POST there is probably a power error.
Before you  RMA the board could you give some more details as to your set-up: Memory, PSU, HDD, CP, GPU etc., as we might be able to spot something that you are missing!
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 03:32:17 pm »
sure...
core 2 duo 3.2
gf8800gtx
4 gb ddr2 pc6400 800mhz dual channel
wd caviar black 500gb hd
samsung sp1213c 120gb
win 7 ulti...up to date
direct x up to date
nvidia drivers...latest
800w gaming psu...forget brand..

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 04:10:15 pm »
Is OS installed on the Western Digital Drive or the Samsung one?

I have encountered a LOT of issues with the Western Caviar Black HD's and in another post on the site I mentioned the fact that one of my firends got hold of 7 of these drives and 5  had to be RMA'd because they were faulty adnd were causing similar problems to those you are having.

IF OS is installed on the Samsung Drive can you disable the Western Digital to eliminate that as the source of the problem?

If OS is on Western Digital Drive do you have the option to re-install onto the Samsung or another HDD?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 06:54:56 pm »
os on wd....I will try installing to the samsung....and see what happens...tho if by the time I do it...and its still doing it...I may pass my 30 days,that I can return it to novatech..
as I said...I have another board coming...im tempted to keep the new one and just take this back....I had a faulty last wd caviar...and this one is a 3 week old replacement...hd...
I wish id bought the seagate now...lol  hd isnt as fast as the samsung

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 08:31:40 pm »
cpuid reports my ram at 400mhz too?

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 05:06:37 pm »
If you're using 800mhz RAM i'm pretty sure cpu-z reports the original speed. DDR = Double Data Rate, 400*2 = 800  :)
There's no place like ::1

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 05:14:30 pm »
Yes, I can confirm what oggmonster says. CPU-Z will show you half of what you are expecting to see. eg: my RAM is running at 1333 CPU-Z shows 669.6 Mhz!  :o