Official GIGABYTE Forum

z87 ud3h random bios buzzer driving me mad!

z87 ud3h random bios buzzer driving me mad!
« on: June 27, 2013, 01:30:19 pm »
Hi,

I have been getting a random bios buzzer alarm (through a Piezo electric speaker on mobo speaker header) This alarm appears to be unrelated to any discernible hardware event and happens usually after windows 7 64bit has been running happily for some time (example from yesterday below).

Currently on F5 bios

uefi bios settings-

All fan warnings disabled
CPU temperature warning set at 90 degrees c
System temperature warning set at 60 degrees c

All fan speeds set to normal

This was happening also on the factory F3 bios which incidentally was prone to locking up in the uefi screen (particularly yesterday morning which prompted me to go directly into the flash option from the boot screen and back up the bios prior to successfully flashing to F5) Bios interface still "feels" very slow

System was assembled week before last and I have been mostly stress testing and some gaming since then - this issue has been happening at random since day 1

As an example, yesterday, the system had been on most of the day, had a reboot at 7pm followed by a run of AIDA64 stress test to 11pm, this was followed by a gaming session to around 1am (COD black ops 2 and MOH Warfighter) All of this session was buzzer free.  However once I'd finished gaming I was browsing the internet (had been for around 30 mins) when the buzzer started - the buzzer once started is always continuous and requires a reboot to silence.

My temperatures are all good and the CPU is on a custom waterloop
Coretemp maximums reported after the stress test session were 79-88 degrees c these values were reset after stress test

When the buzzer sounded  -
System temperature showed a maximum of 50 degrees c (HWiNFO temp1)
maximum core temps were reported as 57-63 degrees c

Easy tune has also been running on occasion when this buzzer has sounded, again its reported temps have been under the alarm points

Fan config -

4 x 120mm on radiator - running off fan headers sys_fan2 & 3 (each split to 2 fans)

2 x x120mm in top of case blowing down over mobo - running off fan header CPU_OPT

CPU_FAN connected to tachometer (single wire) only from watercooling pump (reports 4500 - 5000 rpm)

I did notice once the buzzer had started last night that fan4 (as reported by HWiNFO64) which is either sys_fan2 or sys_fan3 in Gigabyte terms had stopped - this was not the case and all 4 of the radiator fans attached to these 2 headers were running fine and at what appeared to be a normal speed.

Anyone got any ideas please?

Re: z87 ud3h random bios buzzer driving me mad!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 05:36:36 pm »
I'm having a very similar issue with random buzzing on F5 with fan monitoring turned off and normal temps.  However, I did not experience any buzzing with the F3 bios, I only really noticed this occurring after I installed APPCenter and Easytune. ( both of which seem pretty flaky)

I'm going to uninstall APP/Easy and roll back to F3 and see if I can duplicate. I'll report back later.

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 12:30:23 pm »
Early days yet but no random buzzer so far on F6k bios - but then my symptoms were random and sporadic so who knows!

I agree App centre and particularly easy tune are very flaky - I'll not be installing any of it next time - allthough some of the fan control in easy tune would be good - anyone thoughts on other software that will control my fans?

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 11:31:13 pm »
I updated to F6beta and it has not happened again. Dunno if that was the fix, or it was easytune having a stroke. Will post back if I find anything conclusive.

mc.god

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 03:16:52 pm »
Hi,
sorry to revive such an old topic but I'm in the very same situation as praddish, with my H87-HD3 new mobo on F8 bios.

- Intel stock pwm fan on cpu_fan connector via 4 pin cable
- Arctic F12 on sys_fan1 via 3 pin cable
- 2 Aerocool Lightning 140 on sys_fan2 and sys_fan3 via 3 pin cable
All fans set to normal in bios
All bios fans and temps warning are Disabled because, just as praddish said, min and max speed of each fan sometimes are detected at 0 or extremely high rpm, while the fan are running correctly.
All speed and temp warning in EasyTune set to Disabled

At random times, even with pc at very low activity, the buzzer speaker start with a continous warning that can't be stopped until reboot.

I'm foguring if it's related to EasyTune since I noticed it happening only with EasyTune installed and running. I uninstalled it for some hours and no buzzer happening, but since it happens randomly I can't be sure of this because I reinistalled easyTune after few hours since i need to control the case fans. But then, after a few hours, buzzer waring happened again :(

Has anyone found the cause and solution to this? If it comes up being EasyTune I'll uninstall it and buy a rheobus, leaving the cpu fan control to the bios. But I'd like to be sure of this.

Thanks a lot.