Official GIGABYTE Forum

CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 & Gigabyte H55-UD3H & i3 ** Please help - Memtest Errors!!! **

I have a 4gb (2x2gb)  set of Corsair CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 on a Gigabyte GA-H55-UD3H Rev.1 using an Intel Core i3 530.

The BIOS has been set to the latest F7.

I have set all the BIOS options to "load Optimized defaults" then gone to the BIOS and selected "XMP - Profile1"

I get Errors in Memtest86 on Test 6 and Prime95 will not run the "Blend test" without all four tests crashing.

I sent the kit to Overclockers.co.uk where I purchased it for RMA and they say it runs Memtest86 for 26 loops with no errors???? So either my board is not compatible with my RAM or Overclockers.co.uk did not test it properly?

I have tried not setting the XMP profile and instead doing it all my myself with regards to setting the timings to 9-9-9-24 2T and bclk 160 and 1.66vDimm but still gets errors on Memtest.

Also, when I set the XMP Profile1 or set the SPD manually using "Expert". CPUID then shows the Memory SPD as 11-9-9-24 2T ?? Why does it automatically set it to CL11 even though I have forced it to Cas9?

The Ram runs fine on optimised defaults @1333mhz

Have you lot any ideas?

I have tried testing the sticks separately and although I only did 4 passes on test 6 of Memtest, one of the sticks got loads of errors and the other got none? Yet overclockers.co.uk where I bought the RAM say it passed 26 loops with no errors?

Is there something I'm missing in the BIOS with regards to voltages or settings that need to be on or off that would cause memory stability? The system always boots and runs well but I get constant errors in Memtest and cant run the Blend in Prime95.

Please help!!