Official GIGABYTE Forum

g1 sniper z87 sleep mode problem

g1 sniper z87 sleep mode problem
« on: July 21, 2014, 02:15:02 pm »
In power options I set monitor to sleep after 1 min, when go out (ONLY MONITOR, NOT PC). Sometimes monitor won't wake up if I wiggle the mouse or press keyboard button (2 of 10 times). I opened pc case and everything looks normal - cpu, video card, pc case fans spins. Led code on mobo is A0, but keyboard leds was OFF (num lock) mouse led is ON. I tried to wake up monitor with mouse, but no avail. If i turn off pc from case button, everything works normal to the next time after...10-30 days. If trying to restart pc from reset button I get 3-4 beeps, but...i heard in background skype start up sound??? Seems Windows loaded. Any solution for this problem?

Windows 7 sp1 64bit updated. All drivers too updated. Bios f4a.

PC config:
g1 sniper z87
r9 290 tri-x oc
i7-4771
2x8gb geil evo potenza cl9 1866mhz
ssd samsung evo 120gb
seagate barracuda 1tb 7200.14
seasonic evo 7500w

Thank you in advance.

p.s. last month monitor wake up without problems any time...perhaps 50 of 50 time. Suddenly, before 2-3 days refuse to wake up one time. Very strange and very hard to reproduce the problem. I considering to send motherboard and video card for warranty replacement, because I suspect they are the culprit.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 02:24:31 pm by bigbear »

Re: g1 sniper z87 sleep mode problem
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 10:16:43 am »
I reproduce the problem and when monitor won't wake up, I restart pc (from case button) and after 5-10 seconds heard beeep, beep, beep, beep. And beeps stop. LED on the mobo was AE and after 5-10 seconds LED was A0. I heard skype load sound, seems Windows load, but monitor stay turned off. Turn OFF and ON pc and after that always runs as usual without any sign of problems...to the next time, when monitor refuse to wake up. What I have to test? I test with memory86+ 6 hours /3 passes - no errors. Now testing with hci design memtestand no errorrs after hour. 1 long 3 short beeps (ami bios) indicate memory failure, but perhaps gigabyte site have to update information about beep codes, because for ami bios for asus this 1 long 3 short beeps, means video card problem. Can anyone from gigabyte support, explain what I supose to do? No one from gigabyte support answer me in tweaktown forum (except one user), no one from gigabyte support answer me here.

Re: g1 sniper z87 sleep mode problem
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 02:48:49 pm »
I recorded the ''beeps'' http://vocaroo.com/i/s0DlelGIZHZh