Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard BSOD Issues

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard BSOD Issues
« on: July 22, 2014, 06:00:23 am »
Hey everyone,
So a while ago i built a PC for gaming and i was a bit short on funds so what i did was buy the fundamentals first (Case, Mobo, CPU, RAM, PSU, HDD) and it seemed to work fine running off integrated graphics but more recently i decided to get a Graphics card (nVidia GTX 660 SC EVGA) and a PCI wireless card (TP-LINK TL-WN951N) after installing just the graphics card the system was working fine but as soon as i installed the wireless card i begun to have issues with my system. I would boot into windows just fine but when i went to join my wireless network the screen would freeze, the nVidia graphics driver would come up saying it crashed and then it would BSOD shortly afterwards. I cant remember the BSOD code but it said "IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
I checked the interrupt request through device manager and both wireless card and video card were using the same IRQ (i think it was either 15 or 16) I then took out the wireless card and ever since been using my phone theatered to my computer for internet. I really want this issue fixed, the issue has still been there after a few installs of windows 7, Ive tried windows 7 ultimate, Home premium and windows 8.1 Pro. I would really like this issue resolved :/

My system is as follows:

Intel i5 4570 @ 3.2 GHZ Haswell
Corsair VS650 650W
nVidia GTX 660 SC (EVGA)
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H
Kingston 8GB 1600mhz Valueram
Windows 8.1 Pro

Any solutions or feedback would be great,
Thanks

Re: Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard BSOD Issues
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 11:46:48 pm »
Sorry for my english, i use Google translate:

It is a compatibility problem between the TP-Link card, I think it is problem with windows 8.1 driver. Try a Live CD of Ubuntu, for example and see that you have no problems. My recommendation is to avoid problems, try with another brand of wireless card.

I have a TL-WN881ND in Windows 7 and Kubuntu 14.04 and works perfectly.

EDIT: Sorry i have a B85-DH3 Motherboard.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 11:48:12 pm by ketekojo »